Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 05:30 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times

Advertisements

So sorry to hear about that Jammie. He was so young and that makes it hard. Have a safe trip.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:31 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Default Your Memorial Day

Did anyone do anything interesting Memorial Day? Scott had to work, but Doug, Anna and I went to Bricktown. We walked the length of the canal, and Anna spent most of the walk picking up garbage along the canal and tsk, tsking the inconsiderate tourists. We had lunch at Toby Keith's restaurant (he wasn't there ). The food was all right, a little pricey I thought. Then we decided to ride the canal, but it was much hotter riding than walking! The breeze didn't reach us on the boat, so we got out at Bass Pro Shop, looked around for a while (checked out the shotguns) and then walked back. All in all, it was a good time. We came home and headed right for the pool. The temp in our car said 97 on our way home. It didn't seem too bad, though, the humdity wasn't too high. But I think summer is here

Hope y'all had a good holiday.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:38 PM

708 posts, read 688,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Did anyone do anything interesting Memorial Day? Scott had to work, but Doug, Anna and I went to Bricktown. We walked the length of the canal, and Anna spent most of the walk picking up garbage along the canal and tsk, tsking the inconsiderate tourists. We had lunch at Toby Keith's restaurant (he wasn't there ). The food was all right, a little pricey I thought. Then we decided to ride the canal, but it was much hotter riding than walking! The breeze didn't reach us on the boat, so we got out at Bass Pro Shop, looked around for a while (checked out the shotguns) and then walked back. All in all, it was a good time. We came home and headed right for the pool. The temp in our car said 97 on our way home. It didn't seem too bad, though, the humdity wasn't too high. But I think summer is here

sounds like u had a great time! and good for anna picking up the garbage!!our memorial weekend was cold and thunderstorms and tornadoes actually..the whole monday we were on sever thunderstorm warning which was just great..friday was glommy and cloudy and saturday was thunderstorms and tornadoes and sunday was cloudy and some thunderstorms...but kathy made the best spaghitti ever!! and her magical sauce!! yummy!!hope everyones memorial weekend was great!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the well-wishes.

On the bright side, I'll only have to work two days this week.

Oh and I would LOVE to trade climates with you.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the well-wishes.

On the bright side, I'll only have to work two days this week.

Oh and I would LOVE to trade climates with you.
It was said on the news last night that we have a cold front coming.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It was said on the news last night that we have a cold front coming.
How about that little thunderbuster we had this morning? It kept lightning so close to the house, my phones were chirping.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post

Oh good, you went! I should have warned you about the boat...we were a little fried too. But our boatmaster was a kick though, so he parked us in the shade awhile to cool off!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
How about that little thunderbuster we had this morning? It kept lightning so close to the house, my phones were chirping.
Is that was that was? I thought it was road workers. We did have some heavy lightning last night, or is that what you meant?

Old 05-28-2008, 04:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
We had family over, rode around on the Mules, shot targets, cooked hamburgers, and rode horses. Was I hot and tired at the end of that day! I hope everyone had a good time.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
I worked outside reclaiming my back yard from the invading hordes of weeds, bushes, and algae in my pool. The heat index down here was in the 105 - 108 degree range; temps were in the mid 90s and the humidity was very high. No fun! I was worn out at the end of each day with a considerable sunburn to boot (even WITH sunblock).

BUT, my back yard is beginning to look like a yard again instead of Bush Gardens.

I need to get the house ship shape so that we can attempt to sell. Anybody wanna buy a nice 1800 square foot house with a big pool in the big city??

I didn't think so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma