Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,940,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Yesterday we FINALLY got around to taking a trip to Lawton/Ft. Sill to get pics for SeabeeBolt and bjb123! Took a little over 700 pics... Now I just have to decide on my favorites and get them resized to post!

There were soooo many Prairie Dogs, and birds! Gulls, Geese, Coots, and Ducks of every color! (including one with a 'bouffant' hairdo... )

I got my first pic of a red-tail hawk, and one kestrel.

Friday, while taking pics of my 'yardbirds' a Hawk landed on the fence!! The sound of 30 doves all taking off at once startled me so bad I almost didn't get a pic of the hawk!

( I think I found my Nature pic entry... whoo hoo! )
I can't wait to see your pictures, I'm sure they are awesome as all of your other pics are LR.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,443,714 times
She's a Teaser

Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,464,151 times
There are two very disturbing issues taking place in my own state right now. One of them concerns foreign investors finding their way to citizenship and the other is a government funded horse slaughtering plant. If anyone has time, stop on up in SD.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,833,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
She's a Teaser
Hey now! I'm also a Mom and a Gramma and a Wifie... Daughter is here today with baby. Got part of them up, working on the rest...

Jammie, I saw that Horse Slaughtering thread! So sad!

Old 01-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Hey now! I'm also a Mom and a Gramma and a Wifie... Daughter is here today with baby. Got part of them up, working on the rest...

Jammie, I saw that Horse Slaughtering thread! So sad!
LR: We understand
Beside's today is no day to be inside.

You missed my "Garge Sale" Sunday.(yesterday)

Old 01-28-2008, 02:26 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,833,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LR: We understand
Beside's today is no day to be inside.

You missed my "Garge Sale" Sunday.(yesterday)
Oh now he tells me... You know, you might get more customers if you advertise before the sale!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Oh now he tells me... You know, you might get more customers if you advertise before the sale!
Check the polls by the FD, and Conocos, I haven't taken the poster's down yet
You are right though, this was a quik decision. I have more things in storage so I'll be having another one closer to spring. I'll DM you on that one

Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,552,294 times
Default FWD FWD fwd fwd cr!@p

WARNING! VENT ZONE AHEAD.

Wayy back in the day, I was trying to get Don interested in the internet. Sounds good, right? Well... one of the things that came about with the internet was email. And with the email came... the "fwd fwd fwd" ad nauseum crap. At first, I thought it was mainly a workplace thing, then I thought it was a female thing.

It was fun at first, there were quite a few cutesy fwd fwd emails.... but now, I am sick to death of fwd fwd's. Add to this phenom was I have a lot of ex-coworkers and cousins and distant friends and cyber pals and I hate to say it, but I JUST DON'T DO FWD FWD's anymore.

Don, on the other hand, is pretty new to the internet AND the FWD FWD FWD phenomena. So, every night now, we have to wade thru all his FWD FWD FWD crappy email.

He can't open some, and is still baffled by the mechanics of the whole computer arena.

Anyone else sick of fwd fwds? If you are not sick of them.... let me know. Don will add you to his address book.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Are you refering to mutiple forwards at one time? Never did it, I have consideration in other peoples privacy. Wait, I can't say I never did it. But when I forward someting, I delete all of the others it's been sent to first.

What I'm getting alot of right now are "Money transfer Scams". I fell for one at first and lost close to $5.000.00.,actually I lost the whole amout. They send me a check for $8.500.00. in my name. I cashed it keeped 10% and transfered the rest to the address given. Come to find out the check was bad and the bank it came from didn't exist. So guess who had to pay the bank back. I lost the $4.900.00 in my account plus over draft fee and an over draft of $3.600.00. I'm still paying.
It couldn't be tracked because it was in Vigeria.

If you ever get one of these scam forward it to spam@uce.gov

Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
WARNING! VENT ZONE AHEAD.

Anyone else sick of fwd fwds? If you are not sick of them.... let me know. Don will add you to his address book.
I'm not exactly sick of them, but I have a problem opening a lot, too. I also have my friends and family well-trained, they are very sparing in what they send me, as I am about what I send them, other than conversation. I use the internet to communicate in a number of ways only one of which is email. What irks me beyond all else are the harvest programs that collect email addys which are used shotgun style to find just one customer who will pay for something. I seriously and sincerely hate all those xxx-rated ones that show up from so many different names there's no way to block all of them. Or even some of them. I also don't like the ads that are sent out by various sites I buy from, but I figure that's a fair enough trade. I'm a proven customer, and at least emails don't result in slick catalogs that get tossed, so I think of them as tree-saving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma