Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times

Advertisements

Our place had an above ground pool when we bought it, but we never did use it. We took it out and made a sunken deck for my plants. I used to swim a lot, but I can't take the sun anymore.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Our place had an above ground pool when we bought it, but we never did use it. We took it out and made a sunken deck for my plants. I used to swim a lot, but I can't take the sun anymore.
If it was up to me I'd fill the entire thing in with dirt, tear out the deck, and just have a big garden back there. It takes a lot of maintenance, although not all of the time, and it's a big older pool (20,000 gallons) so it uses a lot of water. It's also needing new tiling and a good resurface, which is $$$.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
When I get on those maps it's hard to get off.
I found my place in Ca. It was taken when I lived there because my wifes gold Pontiac 6000 is in the driveway.

I also got shot from 2 different years. the first one showed the 2 rows of palm trees along my neighbors driveway, the second didn't show them. I know he sold them seperate from the property in 2004, $1200.oo each

This can be done on most any online map.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-20-2008 at 10:22 AM..

Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Here's a pic of my house (the one with the pool) using the birds eye view from live local search. Pretty neat.

synopsis, how did you get the pic to reprint here?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
synopsis, how did you get the pic to reprint here?
I screen captured the pic colleen and then uploaded it to my photobucket account. I couldn't copy the image location because it wouldn't let me, so I used another route.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I screen captured the pic colleen and then uploaded it to my photobucket account. I couldn't copy the image location because it wouldn't let me, so I used another route.
Do you need a special program for that?

Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,959 times
nope. Look for the button on your keyboard that says "PrtScn" should be near the upper right... click it and then open MS paint... click the edit button and paste. You should see what ever was on your screen whenever you clicked the PrtScn button. Then you can save it and do whatever you want.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 PM

Thank You LadyRobyn

My prt/scn tab don't seem to be workin, I'll see if I have it disabled

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-20-2008 at 07:48 PM..

Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It's true about so many people not being able to afford any home at all, but the ones around here similar to the pictures posted aren't going for 160K, it's more like 350-500K, and the yards are tiny. REALLY tiny, to the point where the whole yard could be cut with a weedwacker, or even a hand snipper.

The worst thing about a lot of the mcmansions is that they aren't built well. The contractors cut corners and use the cheapest materials they can find, and anyone who buys one finds themself with a money pit.

I looked at my current place on that website, and it's scary. It looks so cramped and crowded, and yet the view is nearly 10 years old, so I know there are a couple more places to either side of me because they were put in after we moved here. I have GOT to get away from here!

As for having a peaceful cigarette, that's not a thing one can do around here. If you sit on a bench outside the grocery store - next to an ashtray, I might add - someone will stop and complain that you're polluting their air. One nice day I was outside the library waiting for the bus to pick me up, and having a cigarette.
Quote:
A total stranger, a woman with a bunch of pre-schoolers trailing after her, stopped and told me that Jesus could help me stop smoking, if I just asked him. I said that was the only legal vice left to me and I had no intention of quitting,
and she got all huffy abd left and the kids following her said something to the effect that 'doesn't she believe in Jesus, mommy?'
I've run into that, I've smoke most of my adult years but cigarettes were getting way to expensive for me so I started rolling my own. Noone would know they're rolled. If you want to cut down on the cost of smoking, here's what you can do:
Most smoke shops will have what you need, there's a roller you can buy for $6-$8 that will slide the tabacco into filtered tube. (empty the tabacco out of a cigarette and thats what the tubes look like).
For $13.99 you can buy a lb bag of tabacco that will make 2 1/2 cartons of cigarettes. Boxes of tubes with 200 tubes per box, $2.95 ea.
1 bag of tab, 3 boxes of tubes= around $25,00 (2 1/2 cartons of cigarettes)

Old 01-20-2008, 10:12 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Aw, c'mon mkfarnam, you know it's just like rollin a doobie!

I found a way to pull pics off of web sites that otherwise won't allow pics to be copied from their site. Its a secret. so don't tell anyone. Shhh! Some sites don't like you stealing,..er..pulling their pics off of their sites.

First, I find a pic, duh, then I right click on it to "set as background",

then go to control panel, and click "change background",

hit browse then highlight the background and OPEN WITH (use whatever you like)...,

then simply SAVE AS and rename the darn thing and save it in MY PICTURES.

Simple, eh? sneaky too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma