Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 11:43 AM

7,525 posts, read 17,001,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
What is the food typically like...southern or western?
Yes
and it is pretty good.

Quote:
Do all of y'all wear cowboy hats?
Only the cool people do.....everyone else lives in town.

Quote:
Are all the ladies as pretty as in the movie "Oklahoma"?
Look at how many of last few Miss America's are Okies.......oh yeah, include Carrie Underwood in that look

Quote:
.....and if we come visit where are the tourist traps
Dallas

Quote:
as we want to see the natives...not others gawking around?
check out the OK Tourism web sites and see where the parties are and when. We don't party for tourists. We just party and you are welcome to join in. Try not to be too gawky though, ok? It embarrasses us when people do too much ooooing and awwwwwing.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
Never been to Oklahoma...yet. My Wife and I have traveled all over these United States but have yet to see 12 States. I heard from a little birdie who told me you had a
Quote:
cool Moderator
in here so I thought I would come in and ask a bit about your fair State.

What is the food typically like...southern or western?
Do all of y'all wear cowboy hats?
Are all the ladies as pretty as in the movie "Oklahoma"?

.....and if we come visit where are the tourist traps as we want to see the natives...not others gawking around?
I'll have to think about that, there's 2 Moderators here, They both can be uptight and personal, one thinks he's King of the Roost, he can't accept being corrected and jurks "Rep, points" then threatens to Ban you from the site.

JUST KIDDING

You couldn't find any better Mod,s then jessaka and Synopsis.
They're very, nice, considerate, knowledgable and helpful.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 12-24-2007 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-24-2007, 01:03 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,558,682 times
Goot one, by GP. I ain't got no reps, tho, the MAN has outlawed my reppin privileges AGAIN.

Also, I am Kiowa, not Comanche. Be vewy vewy careful. That's like askin a sooner if he's a OSU cowboy fan.

Our mods are moderately good. When they ain't a sittin on the porch pickin their banjo and spittin atchoo wif their terbaccy juice. ppppwttt! .... ping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Yes
and it is pretty good.

Look at how many of last few Miss America's are Okies.......oh yeah, include Carrie Underwood in that look

Dallas

check out the OK Tourism web sites and see where the parties are and when. We don't party for tourists. We just party and you are welcome to join in. Try not to be too gawky though, ok? It embarrasses us when people do too much ooooing and awwwwwing.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,125,989 times
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Yes
and it is pretty good.

Dallas

OK: Thanks for all that info. I promise we will blend into the woodwork when we arrive so you won't even know we're there!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Old 12-24-2007, 01:24 PM

Talking Yup, one of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'll have to think about that, there's 2 Moderators here, They both can be uptight and personal, one thinks he's King of the Roost, he can't accept being corrected and jurks "Rep, points" then threatens to Ban you from the site.

JUST KIDDING

You couldn't find any better Mod,s then jessaka and Synopsis.
They're very, nice, considerate, knowledgable and helpful.
Yup, one of those. Can't say which as the other would be hurt, so let's eave it at that.

Sounds like you Okies have a good sense of humor and don't take yoursels too seriously.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...and to BOTH of your Mods

Old 12-24-2007, 01:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
OK: Thanks for all that info. I promise
Quote:
we will blend into the woodwork
when we arrive so you won't even know we're there!
EXCUSE me,,, but I'm afraid that we have enough insects down here, no more termites please

Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,406,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Our mods are moderately good. When they ain't a sittin on the porch pickin their banjo and spittin atchoo wif their terbaccy juice. ppppwttt! .... ping!
I heard that Jessaka can out-spit Synop any day of the week.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:17 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,558,682 times
Quote:
OK: Thanks for all that info. I promise we will blend into the woodwork when we arrive so you won't even know we're there! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wait!! Don't leave, we wuz just funnin.

On the serious side. We play and pretend we is backwoods and haz cowbells on our sisters to keep track of them. But for the most part, we are generally good people. Just minus a few teef is all.

For tourist info on OKC, hit up Happytown on OKC threads, he is a wealth of info and has answered many an inquiry in a right neighborly fashion. And the Tulsa folks like to shine their belt buckles and extend a warm howdy as well.

As for us rural folk, we are loony as can be. Must be all the frog legs we 'et that had shoe pollush un em on account we stoled them frogs out of the CEment pond in front of the artsy bldgs in OKC while we wuz in town and such.

I traded my cowboy hat in for a russian winter hat at a garage sale because my ears were sagging from all the ice storms.

Don't ask me about food, I might point to our okie recipes thread where I have been known to make moderators saw EEEEWWWWWW.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM

Thumbs up Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Wait!! Don't leave, we wuz just funnin.

On the serious side. We play and pretend we is backwoods and haz cowbells on our sisters to keep track of them. But for the most part, we are generally good people. Just minus a few teef is all.

For tourist info on OKC, hit up Happytown on OKC threads, he is a wealth of info and has answered many an inquiry in a right neighborly fashion. And the Tulsa folks like to shine their belt buckles and extend a warm howdy as well.

As for us rural folk, we are loony as can be. Must be all the frog legs we 'et that had shoe pollush un em on account we stoled them frogs out of the CEment pond in front of the artsy bldgs in OKC while we wuz in town and such.

I traded my cowboy hat in for a russian winter hat at a garage sale because my ears were sagging from all the ice storms.

Don't ask me about food, I might point to our okie recipes thread where I have been known to make moderators saw EEEEWWWWWW.

LOL ...I guess it's all good....funnin and all.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:33 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,629,267 times
Colleen, here are some pics of Yukon, taken after the ice storm on a dreary day. They are not very flattering, but you asked for ANY pictures!
Yukon (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11441121@N04/sets/72157603462138140/ - broken link)

Mikey, the food is southern. What would be western? We also have good Mexican, Italian, German, and Thai, depending where you are.

We don't all wear cowboy hats, but they are common.

Yes, all the the ladies are pretty.

To see Native Americans, you would do well to come to the Red Earth festival in June, or to the celebration in August in Anadarko. To see Native Americans just living everyday life, go to just about any small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma