Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 04:39 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,406,677 times

Advertisements

Hey folks!

Long time no see...
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Looks kinda quiet here.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,950,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey folks!

Long time no see...

Looks kinda quiet here.

Well, well. Someone is up early I see. Have any news to share?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:05 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,406,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Well, well. Someone is up early I see. Have any news to share?
Yes, on both counts.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM

840 posts, read 3,470,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I've done a lot of searching for foreclosure sites, but they all want to be paid. Even the ones that advertise themselves as 'free' only have a free trial period, then they still want $$. I've looked at HUD listings, but there's way too much hassle involved with them. I'm contemplating compromising what I want with what's available that I can afford. One thing I definitely won't do is overextend myself - I know what I can afford better than the mortgage companies!

I suspect that GMA is really GMAC, and I have their site. They do have a lot of lisings and I've called. I told them what I was looking for, and they haven't called back. Neither have the Robinson people. I've even thought about renting a place until I have a chance to look around, at least I'd be able to get in their faces! But I can't find anyone who rents anything, either.
Uh...I have built my own list of good sites for pre-foreclosures. I don't yet have all 77 counties but "Pre-foreclosure" is what you want, according to Dave Ramsey. (He said don't ever buy on the court house steps because you don't get to have it inspected, you can't get a warranty and it might have liens....and probably true because a friend of mine has been working 10 yrs to untangle one he bought on the courthouse steps.) He said buying an REO (bank owned) is not as good as buying a pre-foreclosure.

I'd be more than happy to share the information I have been trying to learn for the past few yrs....and nobody wants to share with you. LOL! Should I put it on a new thread?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:28 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,551,764 times
Kari et al ......

GP and I have access to MLS for both the Tulsa and the OKC MSAs as well as access to lenders' sites where they list their REOs and pre-foreclosure properties.

Please let us know if you can assist you finding something .....

Out of curiosity .... why does Dave Ramsey think pre-foreclosure properties are better than REO properties? The latter are usually cheaper.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,471,819 times
Hi everyone!!! I hope you are all having a great weekend.

I just HAD to pop in and tell you that we went to one of the fairs that is going on up here. There was a couple who had a booth that was from Weleetka, Ok. I was going to chat with them, but they were busy. Oh and if you get the chance to see "Chicago" in concert, GO!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,333,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Kari et al ......

GP and I have access to MLS for both the Tulsa and the OKC MSAs as well as access to lenders' sites where they list their REOs and pre-foreclosure properties.

Please let us know if you can assist you finding something .....

Out of curiosity .... why does Dave Ramsey think pre-foreclosure properties are better than REO properties? The latter are usually cheaper.
That was an old post he responded to, way before I got here and got my place. I'd bet the pre-foreclosure thing is probably a matter of getting an abstract done for future sales - if your plan is to fix and flip, you don't want to spend a lot of unnecessary time getting the title straightened out. There turned out to be a minor glitch in my abstract, but one that was easy to fix so the lawyer approved it anyway and so did the mortgage company. Generally speaking, I'd rather do an owner finance, but this one was different, and it was a good thing I had an agent in my corner, making sure the sellers complied with the contract. But I'd also have to say this is the first time in my adult life I didn't get scr**ed by an agent, also. I could write a book on the perils of buying real estate and mobile homes.

One of the more interesting things about the place I got was that it was one of the ones I found on the internet and called about many times. from WA The listing agent never called back, and the agent I finally got it through co-brokered the deal. I'm quite happy with my place, don't get me wrong, but I looked at a lot of places on the net in the entire eastern half of OK, and I could have been equally happy with just about any of them - if any one of the agents or offices I contacted had ever bothered to call me back. The only one who did was a total jerk.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:40 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,558,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
....<portion of text deleted to save space>... I looked at a lot of places on the net in the entire eastern half of OK, and I could have been equally happy with just about any of them - if any one of the agents or offices I contacted had ever bothered to call me back. The only one who did was a total jerk.
There are some stories about that guy that called you back.... None of them good.

Glad you found a nice place though. That's what counts. Now all you need is chickens and a goat and you're set!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:09 PM

215 posts, read 525,679 times
Default Welcome Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey folks!

Long time no see...

Looks kinda quiet here.
You seem to keep it stirred up when you are around. Glad you're back and the rumors were greatly exaggerated. I saw your post over at "Is OK Okay". Very informative and glad you didn't get swept up by a tornado. Hope it goes good for you now and continues to get better. I thought from the hour of your re-appearance you may have just gotten in from a gig at the local club!!! You were my hero when you first started back in November on your original post and have followed your odyssey and have missed your posts.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:30 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,333,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
There are some stories about that guy that called you back.... None of them good.

Glad you found a nice place though. That's what counts. Now all you need is chickens and a goat and you're set!
Yeah, and I have a perfect place picked out for the chickens, WHEN I get rid of a couple pool tables so the truck frame can be hauled out of the garage...

No roosters, though. Someone hot too far away has one and I can hear it every time I go outside. A rooster would be the first inhabitant of the stew pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma