Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,950 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking for an old school mate Dorolyn Mariott who lived there, I would appreciate any info . Thanks Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Those are some nice photos Peggy. I like the Gingerbread house and the stay off lawn sign best. Thanks for taking photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 03:41 PM

274 posts, read 519,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Yes, that is my daughter, Laura. Nice pictures of the day after the 4th, Redbird.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed her. She is a very pretty young lady.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,881 times
This is very off topic, but I can't find another place to ask my question and have a good chance of a positive response. I am looking for a resident of Holdenville who's name is Wade Gray? Does anyone know of him? If at all possible could you respond with an email? My email address is devilish_20angel04@yahoo.com. If need be, I will explain then! Thanks so much in advance for any help you all can give me! You're town is beautiful, by the way!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:43 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Sharpe's store burned down 3/23/09. It was a very nice clothing store with old wooden floors and it had a feeling like it had not changed since the 1920's. Very sad to see it go.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/IMG_1407.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,831,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Sharpe's store burned down 3/23/09. It was a very nice clothing store with old wooden floors and it had a feeling like it had not changed since the 1920's. Very sad to see it go.
RB, I just read about that this morning and thought about you!! The story said it damaged several buildings adjoining Sharps. Living in a small town and losing the old buildings like that is so sad.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
RB, I just read about that this morning and thought about you!! The story said it damaged several buildings adjoining Sharps. Living in a small town and losing the old buildings like that is so sad.
Kari DM'd me about it last night. Apparently it used to be the site of J.C. Penny's at one time. I feel bad for the owners. Uncle Don loved that store. They were real friendly folks.

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/e...s/H/HO011.html

Last edited by _redbird_; 03-24-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-24-2009, 09:10 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,328,093 times
Quote:
It was in the evening just before it got dark. My neighbor called and told me to look out my back door - it's about 6 or 7 blocks away from me, but there was a huge plume of smoke rising. Then after it got really windy around 2:30 this morning, I could smell it even inside my house - my doors and windows aren't all that tight, In fact, the smell was so strong, all those wet ashes and burned stuff, it woke me up and I went around checking my own house! I really hate fires in houses and buildings.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokingforinfo View Post
Hi I am looking for an old school mate Dorolyn Mariott who lived there, I would appreciate any info . Thanks Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisMommy08 View Post
This is very off topic, but I can't find another place to ask my question and have a good chance of a positive response. I am looking for a resident of Holdenville who's name is Wade Gray? Does anyone know of him? If at all possible could you respond with an email? My email address is devilish_20angel04@yahoo.com. If need be, I will explain then! Thanks so much in advance for any help you all can give me! You're town is beautiful, by the way!
You can try Holdenville Oklahoma News and Events | Holdenville, Oklahoma Online

There is a message board there.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,328,093 times
Quote:
I hear they are going to rebuild right there - there's nothing but an empty place where the store was now. The firewalls kept all surrounding from fire damage, but there was some smoke and water damage in a couple other places. It's just a few doors around the corner from that photo of the old bank building that Peggy posted on CD's Holdenville site, the one with the tower and the curved windows.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I hear they are going to rebuild right there - there's nothing but an empty place where the store was now. The firewalls kept all surrounding from fire damage, but there was some smoke and water damage in a couple other places. It's just a few doors around the corner from that photo of the old bank building that Peggy posted on CD's Holdenville site, the one with the tower and the curved windows.
Peg's pic of the old bank. Sharpes is visible to the right of the bank.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/1393029844_a0cd937362.jpg (broken link)

This is how the bank looked when Peggy was a little girl. Do you think that comment will bring Peggy out of retirement?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/HO011B.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma