Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 PM

178 posts, read 489,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
History holds so many stories. Did you know our illustrious Moderator, Synopsis, hails from Gerty, which used to be called Buzzard Flop?

How cool is that?

GERTY

Just click on the letters of your town's name to find some interesting Oklahoma history.

Table Of Contents Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture

What a terrific link! Thank you!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Good to have you back posting pics, LR! Have you noticed how well Hughes County is represented lately?

Seems our little miss Roundabout (Heather) has been remiss in sharing her road trip pics lately. Come on, Heather! Don't let the old folks show you up!

(oh boy, I think I just called LR and Cherokee Moon old... ) I better hurry up and change the topic.

And here in Holdenville, OK, someone got a pig for a pet. Geez, don't tell Kari, she'll want one too!

Moo it, girlfriend, MOO IT! Just south of Cromwell, OK.
ROFL!!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Quote:
Good to have you back posting pics, LR! Have you noticed how well Hughes County is represented lately?

Seems our little miss Roundabout (Heather) has been remiss in sharing her road trip pics lately. Come on, Heather! Don't let the old folks show you up!

(oh boy, I think I just called LR and Cherokee Moon old... ) I better hurry up and change the topic.

And here in Holdenville, OK, someone got a pig for a pet. Geez, don't tell Kari, she'll want one too!

Moo it, girlfriend, MOO IT! Just south of Cromwell, OK.
No, she won't. I don't do pigs, not even the 'little' pot bellies. The piglets are cute, but they don't stay all that little. And I DON'T need a wallow in my back yard, Lola already takes care of that!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:41 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
RB, did you ever read up on the history of Cromwell? It is hard to picture that little quiet village the center for opium and organized crime that it once was........it was where Marshall Bill Tilgman was murdered.........

Old 05-19-2009, 09:21 AM

Took these this morning sitting on my fence. (not me sitting on the fence...the birds...LOL!!!) A Bluejay and what I think is a Western Kingbird. Second photo's a little blurry. I took it thru the window.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/cherokeemoon1/home%20town/IMG_0646.jpg (broken link)
[/quote]

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/cherokeemoon1/home%20town/IMG_0642.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Moon View Post
Took these this morning sitting on my fence. (not me sitting on the fence...the birds...LOL!!!) A Bluejay and what I think is a Western Kingbird. Second photo's a little blurry. I took it thru the window.
Beautiful CM! Yes, that is a Western Kingbird. Mine show up in the evenings to catch all of the bugs flying around... I love to watch them but they sure do LOVE to fight with each other!

I haven't seen any Scissortails in the neighborhood yet this year. They are my other favorite bug-catchers.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM

297 posts, read 586,310 times
This thread just reminded me to pack my camera! I probably would've forgotten it and had to buy a disposable down there.

They better let me take it in my carry-on because we're not checking any bags. I didn't see anything in my bag on the list of things I can't take, and if they throw ANY of my stuff away I won't ever fly again.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 PM

215 posts, read 524,931 times
Great pics LR. Hope you're feeling better now. What a great way to beat the cabin fever.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Shhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone..... it's a secret!!!

<<<<LR got chiggers on her photo tour at the Lake....>>>><>

CherokeeMoon, here is our rescue black GSD, Max. I called him Max Therapy. He was never socialized. He would make a good wolf.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/pics083.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by _redbird_; 05-19-2009 at 07:38 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 08:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,826,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
This thread just reminded me to pack my camera! I probably would've forgotten it and had to buy a disposable down there.

They better let me take it in my carry-on because we're not checking any bags. I didn't see anything in my bag on the list of things I can't take, and if they throw ANY of my stuff away I won't ever fly again.
Wishing you the best of luck! The last time we flew (to CA) It was DISGUSTING and I swore I would never fly again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Great pics LR. Hope you're feeling better now. What a great way to beat the cabin fever.
I am! The good fresh OK air did wonders. I woke up this morning with no fever, sore throat or anything! Whoo Hoo!

Quote:
Shhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone..... it's a secret!!!

<<<<LR got chiggers on her photo tour at the Lake....>>>><>
No chiggers but my Trail Blazer STILL reeks of skunk. *Pew* The fun part is everywhere I go I hear people talking about it... We stopped at the Mini-mart on the way home and the *scent* followed me into the store.

I heard one of the other customers ask the clerk "Do you smell skunk in here?? "

I guess I'll go have it washed tomorrow....

Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma