Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:13 PM

75 posts, read 285,275 times

Advertisements

Trying this picture posting thing...if this come out, it is a photo I took at the OKC Memorial last year.

Last edited by rugratref; 10-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: trying to post photo

Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 PM

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1191370646

Hugo, Oklahoma...Gazebo and Harvey House Museum and Train Depot

Hugo Lake, don't recall what this building was...

Swinging bridge covered in poison ivy!

There were geese there that came right up to us!

Last edited by rugratref; 10-02-2007 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: photos

Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Rugrat, it worked!! I haven't looked at all of them yet, but I love that gazebo.

And you're right~OK is pretty hard to beat for nice scenery with nice people, low unemployment rate, reasonable cost of living, etc. It's almost as nice as the Hills area in my state. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,622,556 times
I liked the ones with the geese swimming up to you. Hugo looks like a nice town.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 AM

105 posts, read 438,333 times
All of the pictures are just out of this world, I know I have said that before. I have pictures too, that I have been trying to post, but just does not seem to work. After I get back from town, I am going to give it another try.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM

Jammie, LOL! Well I have never been to SD, so I can't argue with ya on that one. But OK will always hold a special place in my heart. Oh and that gazebo...married my hubby there!

Peggy, we were eating lunch on a picnic table when we spotted them "rounding the bend". Kinda think they KNEW they'd be fed if they stopped by!

Silverhaired, can't wait for you photos!

Here are a few more I scanned today...they are from August 2004.

Sunrise over Hugo Lake (taken by my oldest brother)

Hugo Lake, notice the cabin in the trees

Cabin on Hugo Lake
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1191437408

Old 10-03-2007, 04:51 PM

450 posts, read 2,057,020 times
Smile Hugo lake and cabin. Cool!

I'm tellin' you. If you want to be on the water and not pay and arm and a leg for the privilege--look to the lakes of Oklahoma. That cabin looks alot like the ones I knew as a boy on a lake in Northern Minnesota. Of course, people are building gargantuan houses these days that hardly look like rustic cabins. I like cabins with old timey touches--wood panelling and wicker furniture. I kinda like the Adirondak style wood and log stuff, too. And doors and cabinets with big metal cast iron hinges. Takes me back to my younger days.
We had birch trees in Minnesota. But I like Oklahoma pines and locust along with much warmer weather. Never live on a lake that freezes over for a good six months and people can drive on it to a fish house! Goodbye, Minnesota. But I will visit you in the Summer and Fall--but once it gets frosty I'm outa there!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Kurt,~Yea~Mn. gets a bit brisk.

Rugrat, the pics of the lake are so nice and so is the cabin. I love those old, tiny rustic cabins. That one looks fairly good sized.

For some reason, OK holds a special place in my heart, too. We really like it there. Since you've never been to my state, you're welcome to check out the pics on our state forum. I think there are some very nice pics on there, too. My state is actually very pretty, too, BUT it's SO cold here in the winter. (I'm the official weather whiner for the Dakotas)

Old 10-04-2007, 06:01 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Just an idea of what it looks like behind my house.

We used to have a fence back there but it got blown down in a storm a couple years ago and we decided to let it stay open. We've got a drop like 10 feet to a creek down there and you can see up the other side in this pic.

A few more fall colors on a bush, God knows how with these temps we've seen.

So, for the record I live in west OKC and contrary to popular belief we do have trees. Not as much as the east side I'll say, but take a drive around the Western Oaks area and you'll change your tune. I was driving to a friends house in the Stonebridge addition which is on the north shore of Lake Overholser, very nice and treed. Beautiful area.
Those are great pictures. Thanks. We don't see enough OkC residential pics on this forum. Peggy, yours are great as well. Thanks, both of you!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,622,556 times
Jammie, OK and SD have a lot in common I think, one is hot and one is cold. I like the SD pictures so much.

Silverhair, I had to have a young person show me how to do this. That's what those kids are for!

Rugratef, I like that cabin. Is it private or can people rent it?

Nameless, I like your attitude about the fence.

Here are some scenic pictures of Holdenville Lake:

This is a beach area. This is a weekday in October so no one is there. Primitive camping here (no water or electric) but this is very popular for families in summer.

This is not a big lake, but it is pretty.

We have a fish hatchery below the dam.

The old office for the Hatchery.

You can picnic, camp, watch birds, and fish on this side of the lake and it has restrooms, water, etc.

This sign has been there a while.

Some people are enjoying some early October camping in the RV area.

It's easy to find a space at this time of year. The sites are nice and shady in the afternoon.

You have good security for your stuff because the Ranger's house is right across the road.

I hate to think about how hard it was to build this lake in 1930-31. I'll have to take a picture of Harry H. Diamond's house someday.

I like to drive this road to Lake Holdenville. It is south of Holdenville on Highway 48.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma