Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:27 AM

5,549 posts, read 9,556,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERISAjunkie View Post
Is there any talk of Oklahoma getting a NFL franchise? Is OU and Oklahoma State just too big or Dallas too near for that possibility?
It is this Okie's humble opinion that the Sooners are bigger than any NFL franchise.

Who needs the NFL when you've got the Crimson&Cream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
One thing I have never understood is why OSU fans hate OU so much. Seems to me if OSU fans could be as proud of OSU rather than focus on hatting OU then they would be a better class of fans.

OU fans are proud of OU. You rarely hear OU fans cheering when OSU gets beat, but when OU gets beat OSU fans are cheering as if OSU just won a game. OSU fans look at a OU lose as an OSU win.

I'm an OU fan but I am for OSU when they are not playing OU. I have state pride.
An excellent post!

I have always wondered this myself. When the Pokes are not playing the Sooners I always root for them. Why do the Pokes have to root against the Sooners and enjoy the Sooners' defeat every once in a while?

Seems to me all that negative energy should be redirected to promote state pride....cause we obviously live in the best state in the Union! But shhhhh....let's keep it a secret. (Remember, we're all toothless Rednecks sippin' on White Lightening and living in the middle of a Dust Bowl. Keep perpetuating the myth.)

Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM

174 posts, read 451,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
It is this Okie's humble opinion that the Sooners are bigger than any NFL franchise.

Who needs the NFL when you've got the Crimson&Cream!
Okay! I better get my "Property of OU" tee shirts if I'm going to fit in Oklahoma

Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,230,972 times
Default I won't fit in

2 words. Boise State!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:43 PM

34,334 posts, read 20,614,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
2 words. Boise State!
I always root for the underdog. But Boise State is leaving that perception behind.

Personally, I am partial to Kansas State.

<cue the raucous laughter now>

Sorry, Coach Bill Snyder doesn't have near the recruiting that OU has, but he managed to take a team that had lost 27 consecutive games AND the worst record in NCAA Div IA history and turned it into a winning program.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled OU programming.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
2 words. Boise State!
....is a good team that would have beat 99% of teams in college football that year that the Sooners laid an egg in the Fiesta.

The Sooners, on the other hand, are one of the most storied/tradition-laden programs in all of college football. Yeh, I'll stick with my Sooners, but thanks though.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM

152 posts, read 371,469 times
OU football fans are an outright disgrace. It is always someone else's fault. We were robbed. The umpire is/was blind. Ad infinitum......

Where does all of the ticket sales really go. How can a coach be worth so much.

Why can't the players themselves speak as though they have more than an eighth grade education.......

Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Have a look here, typical: Ending anthem with 'Sooners' is a Star-Spangled shame | NewsOK.com

Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,039,787 times
What society has ever given a s*** if their gladiators had an education? I'm sure Caesar went around asking Ben Hur what he thought of the days game..........

Are there athletes that aren't morons? Certainly. Some turned into doctors, some lawyers, some even politicians (although being a moron isn't a liability there). Steve Largent was a really good Congressman. We had one from Oklahoma who was an African American congressman, but he was totally forgettable.......actually forgot his name, but he was less than memorable.

But the only real purpose in such gladiator activities is to provide us with an excuse to drink beer, eat junk food, and do some man bonding...........why are you so down on such pedestrian activities.........

Oh yeah, I nailed before didn't I? You were the last one chosen for the team and you had to play right field when you weren't on the bench.................

Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 PM

Always last. They wish they were me now.

They won back then. I buy and sell them and their offspring today as though they are cattle or perhaps goats? Even worse?

Have a good day.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma