Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:09 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,256,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie Kid View Post
OU football fans are an outright disgrace. It is always someone else's fault. We were robbed. The umpire is/was blind. Ad infinitum......

Where does all of the ticket sales really go. How can a coach be worth so much.

Why can't the players themselves speak as though they have more than an eighth grade education.......
Let me guess...OSU fan! Right, am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM

152 posts, read 370,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Let me guess...OSU fan! Right, am I right?
Fan of science and knowledge. An old educated redneck that knows why we are in last place across the board.

Football trumps smarts, pure and simple. As long as that is the case we LOOSE!

You all know it is true. You walk around with blinders on.....

Old 09-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Fan of science and knowledge. An old educated redneck that knows why we are in last place across the board.

We are in last place across the board on almost everything. Do you really thinking getting rid of football is going to change that? Look at the millions that football brings to both schools.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,999,553 times
you should know, without football they could sell tv rights to the science fair.........

Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,557,026 times
Quote:

ERRRR!

Guthrie, y'all done good til yur, I mean you're cipherin' got splet rong.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 PM

152 posts, read 370,598 times
Wow redbird, I have had an issue with that loose/lose deal since I was in grade school! Thanks for pointing it out.

Regardless...some of the alleged college students or should I say athletes... I see on television can hardly speak in a manner that even resembles English, let alone spell correctly.

I find it an insult to the American taxpayer and my country in general.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Wow redbird, I have had an issue with that loose/lose deal since I was in grade school! Thanks for pointing it out.

Regardless...some of the alleged college students or should I say athletes... I see on television can hardly speak in a manner that even resembles English, let alone spell correctly.

I find it an insult to the American taxpayer and my country in general.
I agree, our country needs to focus on science and engineering, but I don't see the need to hate on athletics. It's not like having one will stop us from having the other.

Some people love academics and some are gifted athletes. It's all good. Look how much Stoops makes... And he can't even win a bowl game! Well, almost never. D'oh!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,518,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree, our country needs to focus on science and engineering, but I don't see the need to hate on athletics. It's not like having one will stop us from having the other.

Some people love academics and some are gifted athletes. It's all good. Look how much Stoops makes... And he can't even win a bowl game! Well, almost never. D'oh!
Ouch!

hahaha....well, He's still one of the best coaches in the nation. I know some folks don't like him as he comes off as pretty arrogant, seems like most of the really good ones are, however. Like him or hate him, he's a straight-laced guy. Remember when he kicked off Bomar? We lost at least 1 national championship from that alone....that kid would have been a great college QB, but (at least at the time...I'm more of a second chance kinda guy myself with these college athletes) he had low moral conduct.

I totally agree with you...academics and athletics are not mutually exclusive. I too wish that our younger generations would focus more on math, engineering, and science. I'm kinda an old math guy myself and I wish that our edumuhcation system would push training and development in more math based fields. (Other countries are leaving us in the dust in this particular area.)

As for getting picked last, I was that kid too many times to count. It didn't help that I was 100lbs overweight trying to run the bases in kickball with a frito-chili pie in one hand and a large coke in the other. (Picture "Chunk" from Goonies, but with a little darker complexion.) I still love me some Sooners though....my athletic prowess exists vicariously through Landry Jones, DeMarco Murray, and Ryan Broyles (a Norman product).

Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 AM

The question is...are you guys going to beat Texas this year?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
The question is...are you guys going to beat Texas this year?

Who knows? It really doesn't matter. If we lose that's just the price we pay for living in paradise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma