Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Had another chance to visit this store today. Prices are still outrageous. At least the 1%'ers don't have to rub elbows anymore with the common folk over at WalMart and Crest. Oklahoma has SOOOOOO many obese poor people and now their only chance to buy healthy organic food has been stolen from them. Sad, sad, sad deal for you Okies.
Save your pity for yourself. Seriously, stiffnecked. We get your point. It is expensive. We understand where you are coming from.

It doesn't bother me one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,687,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Save your pity for yourself. Seriously, stiffnecked. We get your point. It is expensive. We understand where you are coming from.

It doesn't bother me one bit.
It bothers me. So I'll keep up my rant against corporate greed and will keep figthing for the poor obese people in Oklahoma.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:27 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Quote:
It bothers me. So I'll keep up my rant against corporate greed and will keep figthing for the poor obese people in Oklahoma.
God bless you. You are our hero.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:26 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,761,670 times
Quote:
So take it up with Whole Foods, not us. We like having Whole Foods here. No not everyone can afford it. We get that. Yes there are fat people. We get that. Yes, there are poor people, and poor fat people. We get it all. As I've said before, they can buy plenty of healthy options at Walmart. You don't have to shop at Whole Foods for healthy. Besides, even if Whole Foods was more affordable, there are still plenty of bad food choices there. Just because it's all natural or organic does not mean it's low cal or low fat. You can buy whole fat milk at Whole Foods. You can buy candy at Whole foods. You can buy cakes and pies and cookies and pizza there too. The fat people (of which I'm one) still have to make the right choices.
As for corporate greed, um last time I checked this was a capitalist country. They can make all the money they can.They are in business to make a profit. That would be the goal of most businesses. It's not a charity. If people think they are out of line, they won't shop there. I guess, so far, plenty of people are okay with them being profitable.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,502,346 times
Quote:
You're against corporate greed but a Walmart lover? Save it.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,166,439 times
Just give it time people, Whole Foods been open in OKC like 4 or 5 months now it will start to grow. Also Cincinnati has a metro of 2.2 million not 3.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:59 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,761,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Just give it time people, Whole Foods been open in OKC like 4 or 5 months now it will start to grow. Also Cincinnati has a metro of 2.2 million not 3.
I think the only person that is worried about is stiffnecked. He wants to see them fail, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Whole Foods has been highly successful here on OKC. It's always busy. On weekends it's like combat shopping. The word is they are already looking for a second location.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,493 times
Good GOD this thread is a joke and I am only making it worse by responding, but does anyone know what is going into NH plaza as the super uber nice grocery store? I imagine it will really p*ss off ole stiff...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
What a major disappointment!!! About 1/2 of the OKC metro population is obese. You'd think this store would cater to people that NEED to eat healthy. The prices are so high that poor, obese people in OKC can't afford to shop there. Nothing but corporate greed being practiced in that business. I'm guessing that's why they built it so close to Nichols Hills. Cause that's where all the rich people live. Sad, sad, sad.
So it's the fault of a grocery store that people are pigs?

Does anybody take responsibility for their actions these days?

Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,687,636 times
Just checked in at Whole Foods. They are still catering to just the 1%'ers. This is a store for rich people. You'd think a health food store would want to make their goods affordable for everyone. Better deals and cheaper prices on the exact same brands at Sunshine Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City