Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,023 times

Advertisements

I've just moved away from Findlay, OH but I wanted to add on to the info you have here.
1)George House across from UF is a great place. I agree that it's slowed some - but it's perfect for meeting up any time - coffee, tea, conversations... or reading in the afternoon.
They also have art on the walls from local artists...
2)Local artists -- there are a bunch of them that work in what is called the Jones Building downtown. It's at the intersection of Main and Crawford I believe. The Findlay Art League is also there. I believe they have a website and I know they offer classes on different topics and I've seen photography. Millstream also might offer adult classes.
3) On Friday and Saturdays Coffee Amici has a live bands, usually fairly local people. It's a fun atmosphere then - go early to get a seat. Katie and Pat are my favorites if you see them on the calendar, make sure you stop by!
4) For independent movies, there is a place that rents all kinds of independent and foreign films in Bowling Green. The name escapes me, but if you ask some people (probably at George House) - they'll be able to tell you. You'll probably have to meet up with people and do in home showings otherwise.
5) For food, Ming's Chinese is my fav Chinese restaurant- it's a little divey, but it's tasty - Broad and Trenton - across from Steak and Shake. Joey Fratello's on Sandusky has a wonderful veggie pizza, and the guys that own it are also wonderful. And you've probably been to Cheddar's, which has always been a top choice among my friends.
6) For photography, keep your eye open for anything!
7) For other outdoorsy things, the terrain in NW Ohio is pretty flat as I'm sure you've noticed - so biking and nice hiking views are hard to come by. You may have to travel a bit for that - but try striking up conversations with people that mention something you're into -- I would say people in the area are pretty friendly and willing to share information about the town and area!

Good luck and I hope you like my old hometown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 AM

414 posts, read 1,011,085 times
If you're into photography I would definitely check out those parks. Plus you can always drive around the area and see what you can find...there's many nature preserves in the surrounding areas, within a 20-30 minute drive.

Bowling Green and Toledo are your best bet for more "night-life" type fun. Toledo by far has the best shopping, unless you want to head 1 1/2 hours to Columbus. If you want to photograph things with more hills etc...Kentucky is only about 3 hours away, which wouldn't be bad if you did it on a Saturday or something.

Just a few ideas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio