Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 05:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,159,813 times

Advertisements

(Pay vs Danger)

Now that's a statement worth laughing about. If that were the case, then our military and their families should be paid 10 times more than any OSHP (Revenue Generator) out on any highway. They are better trained, over worked, under paid, risk life and limb at a higher level, often eat some of the worst food, sub-standard living conditions, risk PTSD at the end of their combat duty time and worst of all, "are away from their families for months on end" and quite often several times during their enlistment. Oh, and let us not forget, risk losing their families if not their homes, jobs and all too often their LIVES.

While a Revenue Generator drives around in a brand new car (oh by the way, they're having problems with the cars already). Filled with all the latest toys, great benefits, vacation time, highly over paid, eat what and where ever they wish and go home everyday/night and be with their family as often as they want. All this just so they can pull over some one, act like they're the last law abiding human on earth and pass out tickets like they were candy.

And......during the holiday week-end, if they work "and all of them do", they get paid $49 an hours. But have to hand out a certain amount of tickets a day to offset what they're getting paid. Look at how many speed traps pop-up that they are (Tag-teaming) on. And on the same roads you hardly ever see them on ie, the on ramp from the Ohio turnpike to Rt2 in Elyria Oh. One radars from the ramp of the TP, shooting into oncoming traffic east bound of RT2 as they come around the bend. Radios to the other what vehicle was doing what. On any other given day, you never see them in that area, (EVER). I know because I help to pave that section of road a few years back and new never saw them even when we complained that the four wheelers were ignoring the work zone speed limit signs. It was the truckers that were forcing the traffic to slow down and appreciated them for that.

Now years ago, the OSHP officers were cool to talk too. They did everything they could to help out a stranded motorist (without slapping them with a ticket). And one would really had to have screwed up to one of them pulled you over. This new generation, seem to be getting their rocks off every time they nail someone.

Support the BLUE, not the GREY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 01:40 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,328,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Our priorities as a nation seem screwed up....
I'll not dispute that; teachers should not be buying their own classroom supplies.

Take a look at the funding streams for the highway patrol vs. the local school district for why this disparity exists. Blame the state legislature, and executive and judicial branches, but don't blame the highway patrol officers.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:29 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,172,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'll not dispute that; teachers should not be buying their own classroom supplies.

Take a look at the funding streams for the highway patrol vs. the local school district for why this disparity exists. Blame the state legislature, and executive and judicial branches, but don't blame the highway patrol officers.
I definitely blame the state legislature haha. Without a doubt they cause the problem. Highway patrolmen aren't the ones buying their own Camaros, their superiors are.

The issue beyond that though.... probably beyond the scope of this thread. But to paraphrase, there are a lot of people in the blue uniform that lack the education, emotional intelligence, and empathy necessary to do the job. I'm sure the job has a steep learning curve, but entrusting 20 year olds suburban kids who barely made it through HS Sociology but loved Call Of Duty to police predominantly minority neighborhoods is a recipe for disaster. And places like Ferguson prove it.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
I definitely blame the state legislature haha. Without a doubt they cause the problem. Highway patrolmen aren't the ones buying their own Camaros, their superiors are.

The issue beyond that though.... probably beyond the scope of this thread. But to paraphrase, there are a lot of people in the blue uniform that lack the education, emotional intelligence, and empathy necessary to do the job. I'm sure the job has a steep learning curve, but entrusting 20 year olds suburban kids who barely made it through HS Sociology but loved Call Of Duty to police predominantly minority neighborhoods is a recipe for disaster. And places like Ferguson prove it.
SWOH,
I can see the need for the local PD to update their equipment to keep up with areas crime. But if you live in a sleepy little town, then I seen no need for the waste of the money. But, if the schools are suffering because the local PD want all the new and latest equipment and toys, then no.

Now as for the OSHP (Revenue Generators), why do they need all new cars, on board computers, ticket printers, the latest light bars with all the fancy lights and probably equipped with all new firearms. All the new toys just so they can add more patrols, write more tickets, make more money for the state and they themselves better and bigger paychecks.

Just look at the Michigan State Patrol, plain cars, old style bubblegum machine light on top, I'm not sure about the computer or tickets. I've dealt with the MSP before and I'll tell you thing, they are down to earth and talk to you like a human .

If the state would take care of the schools and find more ways for the kids to get into colleges, "exercise the mind the ***** will follow". Its almost seems like that they want to turn it into a police state, not a state for the people, by the people and of the people. The children need to come first, through the schools.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:17 PM

Exclamation Top Trooper over 2,000 tickets a year.

Just saw a video that the Ohio State Patrol's (top ticket writer) is a trooper on the Ohio Turnpike near Barea's west side. Over 2,000 tickets a year for the past two years. And don't forget that they don't hand write them anymore, they print the tickets now. No more hand cramps that way I guess.

Now mind you, I did say that most trucking companies are and have been setting the top speed on their trucks now back at around 65 mph. This is to keep in line with the speed limits on most of Ohio's highways of 65 to 70 mph. So the Revenue Generators are hitting drivers (car and trucks) for every little BS they can find. The trucks especially, since we are titled as "Professional Drivers". We're under the scope more than you think and know.

Support the Blue, Not the Grey

Old 02-20-2016, 06:26 AM

Thumbs up Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

In my opinion, when they give awards like this for handing out the tickets, its like giving a child a prize for being a bully in school. The only difference is that they carry a badge, a gun and have the law on their side for being the bully on the highway. All these types of rewards are do is making all the Revenue Generator to want too give out more tickets than the other RG's, just to get that same reward. And you know they get money (Bonuses) along with those rewards. And enough of those points they more than likely it goes towards rank advancement as well.

Now I do understand that there are those who fly down the highways at a high rate of speed, because I see it everyday myself. And those who are all over the roads because they are too stupid to understand that that text message on their smartphone can wait. As they drift all over the road as others are trying to make their way to their destination safely. It's a $2,750.00 for a truck drive if we get caught driving and talking on a hand held phone or texting while driving. Then the same fine should be the same for any four wheel driver.

But it seems that the Revenue Generators are more interested in nailing the truck driver at every turn because they know we need our CDL's to feed our families. And many drivers don't make it home every night as they move the freight from state to state for weeks on end.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:52 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,906,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO -- I don't believe one word of this most unintelligible and quite hilarious rant.
That's your problem then. Don't like it and have nothing better to say. Then go away, don't reply and don't attack others because they don't feel the same way as you do.
It's not necessary to post in all bold. Bold is for emphasis of words or phrases and should be used like ALL CAPs or underlines are used. It doesn't offend me, it's just bad form. I don't like it when someone who is not stupid appears that way because they don't know any better. Ignorance != stupidity.

You wrote a good post and if someone disses you, then you should just wait for support to come in. If it doesn't, then nobody likes you and you are wrong.

Instead, people wrote in and supported you and told Og to "get stuffed." You win. There is no need to respond to their post - unless it is with cites that prove your claims, of course.

There is no need to respond, just like there is no need for that all-bold stuff. Some people post in all blue and that's unacceptable also.

Not liking the OSP has been a long-running tradition. If you are old enough, you must have really liked them when the maximum speed limit was 55 mph.

( see how that bolded word now sticks out ? )

Last edited by IDtheftV; 02-24-2016 at 03:05 PM..

Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,906,918 times
Someone messaged me via a rep, but didn't give their handle, so I have to address what they said here:
Quote:
You have that backwards; the majority disagrees with the OP. Read again.
I don't have anything backwards. I posted something about posting etiquette and not about anyone agreeing with anyone.

I said that people supported ( the OP ), but not that the majority did. Read again.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:40 PM

I do remember when it was 55mph and yes it was quite bothersome for us truck drivers. But we dealt with it. But now that its 65 and most trucking companies governed their rigs for a max of 65, now the Revenue Generators have to find another way to hit us for money. Soooo, they stop us for ever other little reason and that's one of the main reasons why they have added more DOT inspectors (Creeper Cops) on RT2 by Vermillion.

Oh, and writing in bold is just the way I like to do things, like others do in color. I'm sorry that we are, as you put it "ignorant" when it comes to etiquette of FB. Enough of the classroom garb, back on topic. Thank you.

Sorry: just had to add the bold for the fun of it, LOL

Old 03-27-2016, 05:05 PM

Well although I still hate the Ohio Revenue Generators, at least we're not N. Carolina. I saw on TV where they're going to start hitting folks in their state for being a single mile an over the speed limit. Talk about being desperate for money down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio