Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 06:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,189,452 times

Advertisements

Yesterday morning, 0400 hrs, 4AM or as most folks call it (4 o'clock in the morning), I'm on my way from the shop to Michigan. its 33 degrees outside, I'm 7 miles from my shop and my truck's brakes decide to lock-up on me, right in the middle of the ramp from one road to the other, (((YIKES))). I quickly turned on my 4-ways, got out and place my warning triangles out at their proper distances from the truck and each other to warn any oncoming traffic. Then called the boss and the mechanics, both were there in a very short time. we spent 1-1/2 hrs work on it in the dark (w) flashlights and in the cold. NOT one (Ohio Revenue Generator) "you know, the ones who like to call themselves the OSP", "who also patrol that stretch of road all day long" was anywhere to be seen or found. Go figure.

Now if it were a bright sunny day, warm and clear, they would be all over the place nailing motorist left and right for as little as 5 miles over the speed limit on that particular 10 mile stretch of road. And it's the same way on the Ohio turnpike, if its dark, cold or raining you hardly ever see a one of them. I guess they're afraid of the dark and don't like getting wet like little kitty cats.

Well I guess it worked out for the better for me anyway . If a Ohio State Revenue Generator would have showed up. The MORON probably would have given me a ticket for (Impeding Traffic) since I was still in the roadway of the ramp. They have to make their quota somehow, why not off the backs of those who depend on the their CDL's to make a living and feed their families and know they will pay it to keep their CDL's.

Support the BLUE, not the GREY!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 07:51 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,540,466 times
I have a close family member from Ohio who has been driving a semi since about 1970 when he got out of the service. I have NEVER heard him refer to the OSHP as revenue generators and I am not aware of him ever getting a ticket for a moving violation (which I believe is the only type that could affect your license status) in that entire time.

(Sorry about not using all bold. Personally, I save that for emphasis.)

Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
I have a close family member from Ohio who has been driving a semi since about 1970 when he got out of the service. I have NEVER heard him refer to the OSHP as revenue generators and I am not aware of him ever getting a ticket for a moving violation (which I believe is the only type that could affect your license status) in that entire time.

(Sorry about not using all bold. Personally, I save that for emphasis.)
That's OK on the Bold lettering, I don't mind . I'm sorry if my writing method offends you, it just the way I write.

As far as the REVENUE GENATOR's its a new term that has been popping up THESE days. And I'm sure your friends hasn't told you all the names we call them as well as the names we use for foreign drivers. But I won't go there, LOL.

There are other types of points that effect a driver that most people don't know about, like overloads, over axles, over hours and all the many other non-moving violations that follow our DAC reports from job to job. We drivers deal with the DOT inspectors (ie, creeper cops) and the Scale masters (ie, Scale Dogs), just to name a few terms we driver have. Sorry, didn't you know about either of them? We do.

I try to never be overloaded, but with what I haul its close to impossible to have our axles perfect every single time. And our company trucks are governed to not exceed 65mph, like many other trucking companies.. So that's why the Ohio Revenue Generator are trying to nail us for every little thing they can. And its common knowledge that they hardly ever stop an out of country truck for a spot check or scale. They know they won't get their revenue from them.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:00 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,210,415 times
Why don't you just obey the law? I drive the Turnpike almost every day at 75 MPH and I have never once been bothered by them. I guarantee you that your beloved men in "blue" are far more aggressive ticket writers than the OHP, especially in certain communities.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:47 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,984,449 times
Anecdotally, it seems like they pick on the truckers who to me, are the safest drivers on the highway. I wish they would target people who tailgate and folks weaving thru traffic. Those people pose the biggest safety risk.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:04 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,554,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Anecdotally, it seems like they pick on the truckers who to me, are the safest drivers on the highway. I wish they would target people who tailgate and folks weaving thru traffic. Those people pose the biggest safety risk.
Strange. I can't remember ever seeing a truck pulled over by the OSHP. Admittedly, very few truckers speed these days.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:34 AM

3,970 posts, read 8,540,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Strange. I can't remember ever seeing a truck pulled over by the OSHP. Admittedly, very few truckers speed these days.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Why don't you just obey the law? I drive the Turnpike almost every day at 75 MPH and I have never once been bothered by them. I guarantee you that your beloved men in "blue" are far more aggressive ticket writers than the OHP, especially in certain communities.
Like I said before. Our trucks like so many other companies have governed our trucks at 65 mph. So now they (the Revenue Generators) are trying to hit us with anything they can find.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Try driving on I-77, I-71, SR-2 and 30 near Mansfield. They are always pulling trucks over into the rest areas hitting them with DOT inspections "truck and driver records". Even the TP gates have weight plates we drive over and from time to time we can be under over GVW, but they will it for being over axle weight. I-76 the scales are always nailing drivers (truckers) on the same violations.

Truck drivers don't just drive up and down the turnpike only because of the cost of traveling on that comes out of the independent drivers pockets.

One thing many people don't know is, that the warehouses in this country are set-up for 3 days supply. If the truck-drivers don't keep the products moving, they would be looking at another situation like the Teamsters Strike of the 70's.
Oh, and before I forget, 1/2 of the money that the OSHP (Revenue Generators) get, comes from Homes Land Security. That's why they have all the money to buy all those new cars, SUV's and the toys inside of them.

Support the Blue, Never the Grey.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:59 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,984,449 times
Quote:
I see a lot pulled over from Lebanon up past the Outlet stores on 71 North. I like the truckers because they're bringing me food to my grocery store!....plus they always use their blinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio