Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:01 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,436,468 times

Advertisements

The job market isn't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make it. I have been here since Apr 23, didn't start looking for work until the second week of May. Have filled out some applications, had several interviews and now I am in the position of having to choose between jobs soon.

It is all about how much effort you put into looking for work and having a GREAT resume. If your resume isn't up to par, it won't even be looked at.

There are PLENTY of openings in the area. You have to network, apply to posted ads, search out companies you want to work for even if they are putting out job ads and hit up staffing agencies. Trust me- it isn't that bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
I have lived in Medina for more then 13 years now..and it SUCKS!
The people here are great, but as far as the courts, police ect..It's an emberessment
You can be pulled over if you fart wrong. Medina County has so many people lined up for court cases, the'll be lucky to finish them all this year. Go to their court page, you will LOL. Look at ALL the cases, and look what most of the cases are for..petty crap.
And Medina Township police, they are a joke. There only part time so they make that up by getting more arrests in my the end of the month. And most of them got there traing via on the internet, you can also look this up.

So, as far as wanting to move to Medina? LOL Just don't fart to loud unless you want to do 3 days in county!

Old 06-26-2015, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,427 times
I'm 30 now, lived in Medina from the ages of 14-27. If you want to bring your kids to what people perceive to be a good little town think again. Medina has a very big drug problem especially with pain killers and heroin. Medina is close enough to Cleveland that heroin basically comes in by the car load from Cleveland drug houses and at very cheap prices. Kids there were overdosing at skyrocketing rates and even moms and dads getting addicted to it as a result of Medina Hospital over prescribing pain killers and when their prescription runs out they look for alternatives. When I had a kid I moved out of the county due to this because there was kids at my son's school that were trying to pressure him into doing heroin. Just Google Medina Heroin Epidemic and you'll get articles about this issue.

[url=http://medinagazette.northcoastnow.com/2014/08/30/heroin-epidemic-hitting-medina-county-families/]Heroin epidemic hitting Medina County families - The Medina County Gazette[/url]

Old 06-26-2015, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medinaowner View Post
I have lived in Medina for more then 13 years now..and it SUCKS!
The people here are great, but as far as the courts, police ect..It's an emberessment
You can be pulled over if you fart wrong. Medina County has so many people lined up for court cases, the'll be lucky to finish them all this year. Go to their court page, you will LOL. Look at ALL the cases, and look what most of the cases are for..petty crap.
And Medina Township police, they are a joke. There only part time so they make that up by getting more arrests in my the end of the month. And most of them got there traing via on the internet, you can also look this up.

So, as far as wanting to move to Medina? LOL Just don't fart to loud unless you want to do 3 days in county!
I just read your thread after I posted mine but I would like to say that you are absolutely correct. And I have no idea where these people saying Medina is so great actually lived. In addition to their heroin Epidemic the court system as you say is also corrupt. Just recently I got a speeding ticket by an aircraft on 71 in Medina. I pleaded not guilty I was scheduled for a trial one week from when I pleaded not guilty.

I show up to the trial and just before the trial was about to begin the prosecutor comes up and tells me that the cop isn't going to show and the judge granted a continuance which means the trial was postponed to a later date. Long story short the judge kept continuing the trial because the cop was busy on all the dates the judge set for the trial. Eventually two months later I finally get to court and am found guilty but the fun comes when I go to pay my fine. They say I owe $250 instead of $150, when I ask why the clerk said it's because of all the continuances the cop asked for which to me is a complete scam.

At this time I worked with a police officer at Medina Hospital and he basically told me that the Lady judge I had is a ***** and tells the officers to keep requesting continuances in order to tack on more money on top of the tickets they write. These people are all in each other's butts and do anything they can to money grab and steal from their citizens.

[url]http://medinacorruption.blogspot.com[/url]

Last edited by Medina_oh_sucks; 06-26-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio