Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2006, 07:56 PM

976 posts, read 3,865,812 times

Advertisements

This is a good thread and i want to keep it. We have worked out our differances here. I think you took it the wrong way and it turned into the big arguement because of that. I also took it the wrong way because i thought you made a big deal because i accidently made this a sticky thread. Oneway, i dont have a problem with you posting. I think you think that i do. I hope you stay on the forum. You explain yourself very well, and there have been many on here that could not explain themselves as well as you. I believe if i was arguing with someone else this would not have been resolved. Hopefully we have resolved a lot of issues here.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 PM

123 posts, read 561,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1708 View Post
This is a good thread and i want to keep it. We have worked out our differances here. I think you took it the wrong way and it turned into the big arguement because of that. I also took it the wrong way because i thought you made a big deal because i accidently made this a sticky thread. Oneway, i dont have a problem with you posting. I think you think that i do. I hope you stay on the forum. You explain yourself very well, and there have been many on here that could not explain themselves as well as you. I believe if i was arguing with someone else this would not have been resolved. Hopefully we have resolved a lot of issues here.
Agreed. It was a big misunderstanding really on both of us. I am glad we could work it out.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:06 PM

^ Yes i am very glad it got all worked out. Now hopefully you will be staying on the forum right? Keep us all informed on the move?

Old 11-22-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
^ Yes i am very glad it got all worked out. Now hopefully you will be staying on the forum right? Keep us all informed on the move?
I will keep all of you posted, for sure. Ill know more after my visit next month. I still need to figure out a nice place to live relatively close to work.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,383,301 times
happy thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Thanks, htlong. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. And Oneway, Gilber and Chandler seem like some nice suburbs, but that is quite a drive to Scottsdale.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks, htlong. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. And Oneway, Gilber and Chandler seem like some nice suburbs, but that is quite a drive to Scottsdale.
I found some nice apartments in central Scottsdale, about 15 mins from work. My new employer said Tempe would probably be the best place to start, it is a little farther, a great city for singles, and the rent is cheaper. They also said Gilbert and Chandler were good areas too, but traffic can get pretty bad during commute times. I have a 35 minute drive now, which is not too bad compared to the hour drive I had before back in MD. I want to try to avoid anything more than 35 minutes out there if I can.

Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving?

Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 AM

I had a great Thanksgiving. Family from Pittsburgh came down. Hopefully you had a good Thanksgiving, OneWay. I really do like Tempe. They are gaining a little skyline of their own. One thing i wish Phoenix could get more of, is a skyline. As construction is moving along out there that is becoming more of a reality. Suburbs like Tempe and Mesa are getting a skyline as well. Last time i visited Tempe they had construction cranes all throughout the CBD.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I had a great Thanksgiving. Family from Pittsburgh came down. Hopefully you had a good Thanksgiving, OneWay. I really do like Tempe. They are gaining a little skyline of their own. One thing i wish Phoenix could get more of, is a skyline. As construction is moving along out there that is becoming more of a reality. Suburbs like Tempe and Mesa are getting a skyline as well. Last time i visited Tempe they had construction cranes all throughout the CBD.
Good. My family is doing Thanksgiving and Christmas "together" when I visit MD just around that time. I had dinner yesterday at a friend's parents' house and it was nice. I went to Columbus with them. My travel logistics for Xmas time will be interesting-- its fly to MD, then fly to Phoenix, then back to Detroit.

That is one thing I noticed about Phoenix, the downtown is small. Its more of a suburban than urban city. It is relatively young too, and that is one of the growing pains. However, it seems that anything you want to do there is there. I liked the close proximity to Las Vegas, Flagstaff, and San Diego. There is also a resort town called Rocky Point on Baja California coast that I really want to check out. The outdoors scene in Phoenix and the mountains were really nice too.

There was a heck of alot of construction there. You name it, they are building it. I stayed at the Marriott on Ash avenue in Tempe, and right next door a new high rise was going up. Im sure Phoenix will catch up eventually on the downtown situation. It is growing "out" more than "up".

I can see though that the desert scenery is going to take some getting used to. I am used to lush greenery here and back east, so it will be different. Everyone has crushed rock landscaping in their yard. I thought some of it was really nice though, with all the different cacti and other desert plants they had growing in their yard.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:42 PM

28 posts, read 97,424 times
one way- just thought i'd add my 2cents worth. The desert landscape is going to take some time to get used to. The mountains in the background are pretty though. But when ever you are watching t.v. and you see trees and green grass you will get a little homesick.For me christmas is really hard without the snow and cold temperatures. I think learning to adjust to the desert scenery has been a big part of my homesickness too. It's a whole different world here out west. (i'm the one now in vegas)Good Luck!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio