Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 14,252 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a daycare/preschool for our two year old. We will be moving to Centre Ridge area of Centreville. I would love to hear any feedbacks or suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM

123 posts, read 409,663 times
We had a good experience with Sully Stations Childrens Center a couple years ago. They were the most reasonable place and offered a great program for 2 1/2 yr old preschool> Not sure if that is what you are looking for. They had an option of extended day which pushed the preschool hours to almost 5 hrs instead of the normal three which they worked on phonic and handwriting. Ms. jean was wonderful. I believe since then there has been a lot of movement in the staff - people leaving and getting new people in so I am not sure how it is now but you may want to give them a try.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Thank you for your response. We actually have narrowed down to two places in Centreville: Chesterbrook Academy and Montessori Children's Center. Have you experience or heard anything about these two? Thank you.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 8,894 times
Have you checked MinnieLand? What made you rule it out. I am also looking for a preschool/day care and have narrowed down to the 2 you mentioned and minnieLand. Chesterbrook seems to be a winner for me based on the proximity to my home

Old 01-31-2010, 04:51 PM

309 posts, read 828,233 times
I would check out any centers violations. THis location of Chesterbrook has quite a few violations. THe website is dssvirginia.gov. Go to licensed day care and can search by zip or county

Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM

Several people have given me positive feedback on Chesterbrook. Also the one that is closest to us. Also they are open from 6:30 to 6:30 which is a plus.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 AM

29 posts, read 151,370 times
Default This is a bit late but...

My kids are currently at the Goddard School, but I'm switching them to the Montessori Children's Center. I LOVE Goddard, but I really want the Montessori system. About Chesterbrook, I don't know about the Centreville one, but I visited the Fairfax one once and it was pathetic. It is a long story, but in short the person giving me the tour didn't even know where the classrooms were and there was a horrible poop smell in two of the classrooms! A friend of mine recently confided that two summers ago she settled out of court with them after her daughter was hospitalized for dehydration. I don't know all the details but I just did not get a good vibe. But that is the Fairfax one, I have no clue about the Centreville one or if they are the same branch or an independent franchise. Good luck, and I think you should go with your gut feeling.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 AM

309 posts, read 828,233 times
Please read these violations before you decide to put your child at Chesterbrook

Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 8,894 times
I checked the violations and if given choice between chesterbrook and montessori, I would go with montessori even though chesterbrook is way closer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia