Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:35 AM

617 posts, read 1,356,586 times

Advertisements

If you can't afford Fairfax County, there is relatively affordable housing in the Lake Ridge area of Prince William County, which is far from a slum. You'll find the same colonial style neighborhoods there that you find in the nice parts of Fairfax, at much more affordable prices thanks to being further away from the city.

The elementary schools in the Lake Ridge area all seem to be well regarded, even compared to Fairfax, though the high schools are not. Truth be told, if I could move back to Fairfax county, I would, for my kids sake as well as my commute to D.C., but if I had to put it off for a few years, I'd be perfectly comfortable sending my kids to school in Lake Ridge, at least for the early grades.

For instance, this is a home for sale in a higher end neighborhood in Lake Ridge (Westridge)

Does this look ghetto to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 AM

617 posts, read 1,356,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
PWC (NoVA area anyway) is where the majority of the low income, high crime, non English speaking people live
Were you born and raised in the area since you saw fit to spell "boy" incorrectly in your user name? Boi may be acceptable slang but it isn't in the dictionary yet, so shouldn't you be above the use of it with the attitude you're projecting? Proper use of the language and all.

Have you actually looked up "boi" on dictionary.com? Here's the first definition:

informal a lesbian who adopts a boyish appearance or manner

After that, it is mentioned as a modified (but not accepted) spelling of boy.

Funny, I was born and raised in the McLean area, which I've seen referred to on this board as snobby, uppity, and many other similar adjectives, and yet I feel perfectly comfortable down here with all these supposed gang-bangers?

Since you're southern, I'm going to assume with your attitude that you grew up as the wealthy son (or daughter) of a tobacco baron and lived a secluded private school lifestyle where you didn't have to deal with the unwashed? Am I close? Well, generalizing is a *****, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia