Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,444 times

Advertisements

Hi.. I will be moving to Fairfax, VA soon and I need to commute to Foggy Bottom station in DC from Fairfax Sq.. How long is the commute from fairfax sq to Vienna Metro. When I checked the distance, I see that the Vienna statuion is only 3.5 miles from Fairfax sq. But How long does it take to drive there during peak hours.. I also have the option of renting an apartment at Lorton from where I could take the VRE to get to Franconia springfield and take the Blue line to Foggy Bottom. I am really confused as to which apartment to chose. The Lorton one or fairfax sq one.. Hope you guys can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 AM

352 posts, read 1,592,497 times
Eh, 10 minutes should get you there from Fairfax Square to Vienna/Fairfax. Do yourself a small favor though and see if there's a bus service from your Fairfax Square rental community of choice to the Vienna Metro - I'll bet you there is, and that'll save you a) the aggravation of trying to find a parking space at Vienna Metro, and b) the $4.50 per day parking fee there. There's a sticky at the top of this forum with all the area public transportation option links up there.

Welcome to Northern Virginia!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 AM

264 posts, read 855,038 times
Default Vienna Metro

Is parking at the Vienna Metro difficult? I'm more familiar w/East Falls Church Metro and I could hardly ever find a spot there.. I went to the vienna one rather early recently and the lots were pretty open (of course it was right after 4th of july week- maybe people were still on vacation)- plus there was a large building with more parking...

Old 07-09-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabellava View Post
Is parking at the Vienna Metro difficult? I'm more familiar w/East Falls Church Metro and I could hardly ever find a spot there.. I went to the vienna one rather early recently and the lots were pretty open (of course it was right after 4th of july week- maybe people were still on vacation)- plus there was a large building with more parking...
Vienna routinely fills up completely by 8-8:15am and sometimes earlier. I don't park there anymore as I take public transport all the way in now, but it may be somewhat better over the summertime...it'll revert back in September though.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,444 times
Ah.. That helps.. Thanks guys!!! I did check and yes there is a bus that takes abt 20 mins to get to Vienna Metro.. I do have one more questions.. How bad is the commute to DC (Foggy Bottom area) itself from Fair fax Sq by car. When I checked its 17 miles apart and I need to get on US50W. I am moving from the midwest so 17 miles is not a big deal uhh but with DC I know it is.. so assuming I leave the house by 7 AM what time wld I reach DC .. Your help is greatly appreciated..

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM

If you leave Fairfax Square at 7am as a single passenger auto and commute in on Route 50, you'll get to DC at ... 8:30. Yeah, it's that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia