Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 AM

60 posts, read 182,868 times

Advertisements

Daisy Fresh! Request Alex. They are awesome and reasonable on price. We use them and we recommend them to our clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiceallen View Post
I used Astrobrite carpet cleaning after reading this forum. They did an exceptional job considering my rugs are over 8 years old. After years of the dogs and kids abusing them I can honestly say they are clean once again. Their a great company to do business with even though they were 15 minutes late. I would use them again.
Yes, I know you're right because Astrobrite carpet cleaners did my rugs the past two years. They always have done much better than Stanley Steemer because of the rotovac machine and better customer service. It seems like that is one of the best methods to get the stains out.
Stanley Steemer has been hiring a lot of Spanish speaking carpet cleaners which I wouldn't mind if they could speak better English. It's hard to relay instructions to them so I go with Astrobrite.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:40 PM

179 posts, read 459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersellen1 View Post
Yes, I know you're right because Astrobrite carpet cleaners did my rugs the past two years. They always have done much better than Stanley Steemer because of the rotovac machine and better customer service. It seems like that is one of the best methods to get the stains out.
Stanley Steemer has been hiring a lot of Spanish speaking carpet cleaners which I wouldn't mind if they could speak better English. It's hard to relay instructions to them so I go with Astrobrite.
Just a quick question...what does rotovac entail? I have used Stanley Steemer for some time but with varying results (I've moved around a lot so it's always some other franchise of the business) so I'm really interested in how Astrobrite differs from Stanley Steemer. When SS came to my house they told me that they couldn't get the carpet clean where it butts up to the baseboards. The carpet is a cream colored berber and they said that the fine line of darkness or shadow was because of our air filters, but the house was 2 years old and had only been lived in for a year. We replaced the filters when we closed on the house but I found it difficult to believe that they couldn't get the very edge of the carpet as clean as the rest of it. That said, I will admit that I am a bit of a clean freak and tend to focus on/notice the details. Also, the "freshener" they applied disapated within a day or two of the cleaning; it was kind of disappointing. It sounds like everyone is having a much better experience than that with Astrobrite so thanks for the info!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:15 AM

18 posts, read 77,641 times
Yes, I know you're right because Astrobrite carpet cleaners did my rugs the past two years. They always have done much better than Stanley Steemer because of the rotovac machine and better customer service. It seems like that is one of the best methods to get the stains out. Carpet Cleaning Service

Old 03-17-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,228 times
I just had my carpets cleaned by JCB Carpet cleaning and I have never been so happy! Joe the owner and operator came out yesterday and was on time, and did a FANTASTIC job making my 10 year old carpets shine like new. He even cleaned out all that black dust build up around my edges and vents. JCB uses only Green products(environmentally friendly) so it was safe for the dogs and kids to be there. I have used countless carpet cleaners in the past but I have never had anyone do quite as good a job. His prices are very reasonable also. So I HIGHLY reccomend JCB carpet cleaning to anyone whos looking to have there carpet cleaned. Here is his contact info..Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Centreville, Fairfax , Arlington, Alexandria,Falls Church VA.JCB Carpet Cleaning or 703-989-9635

Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 PM

4 posts, read 30,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imisscarlsbadcalifornia View Post
Just a quick question...what does rotovac entail? I have used Stanley Steemer for some time but with varying results (I've moved around a lot so it's always some other franchise of the business) so I'm really interested in how Astrobrite differs from Stanley Steemer. When SS came to my house they told me that they couldn't get the carpet clean where it butts up to the baseboards. The carpet is a cream colored berber and they said that the fine line of darkness or shadow was because of our air filters, but the house was 2 years old and had only been lived in for a year. We replaced the filters when we closed on the house but I found it difficult to believe that they couldn't get the very edge of the carpet as clean as the rest of it. That said, I will admit that I am a bit of a clean freak and tend to focus on/notice the details. Also, the "freshener" they applied disapated within a day or two of the cleaning; it was kind of disappointing. It sounds like everyone is having a much better experience than that with Astrobrite so thanks for the info!

Hi imisscarlsbadcalifornia,

The Rotovac Astrobrite cleaning uses spins around with a motor and steam cleans it as opposed to the regular wand cleaning which is manual. It seems like the wand method would vary depending on the strength of the man pushing it back and forth.

I would think they get tired of that and can't perform the same cleaning strokes through out the house when they get tired. The Rotovac does a deeper cleaning and keeps on spinning so you get the same cleaning in every room. It really restored our carpets that had bad pet stains! You can read more at their website Carpet Cleaning Northern Virginia carpet cleaners VA Alexandria Fairfax, Arlington, McLean, Sterling Service where they have a demo video on their site.

Jennifer (call4help)

Old 03-23-2009, 05:22 PM

181 posts, read 493,437 times
Because I live in a condo on an upper level, most of the companies I called told me they wouldn't be able to do it because they needed access to an outdoor water faucet. The only company I found who would do a condo was EZ Dry Carpet Care, operating out of Sterling.

They were friendly, professional and did an outstanding job. I will be using them again.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,658 times
Because I can't find our yellow pages book I searched and found this great informative forum. I needed to get our rentals carpets cleaned for a tenant move-out in Fairfax so after your good reviews on Astrobrite carpet cleaning service I went ahead and tried them. I really liked their website by the way. ( http://www.astrobrite.net ) They actually were very good. Got out all my stains except the cigarette burn which can't come out w) out a carpet repair. The best thing is I can't smell the place where the dog had gone and the edges are clean. Now I need to get the roof work done. I guess I will search the forum again for a contractor. Thanks, JonB

Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,457 times
Smile I really liked EZ Dry Carpet Care

I used EZ Dry Carpet Care. They did a great job. They used a different wand called rotovac. It was like night and day. I had them also clean the upholstery. It looks like brand new. They have another division next week that are doing the air ducts. We will see how they come out. You can contact them @ 703 286 7081 or ezdrycarpet.com

Old 10-27-2009, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,272 times
Default Superior Fabric Cleaners and their "Big Truck"

I have used many carpet cleaners over the years including Stanley Steemers and Chemdry to mention a few. I came across this company on the web called Superior Fabric Cleaners. They have lots of before and after photos, customer comments and information about their equipment on their website and that's what initially impressed me. The guy I talked to on the phone told me the system they use is the most powerful and effective system in the world. This sounded like a bit of an outrages claim but he seemed to be courteous and professional. The reasonable pricing and "the guaranteed best cleaning ever" made it worth a shot. Well, I'm a believer know - my carpet and upholstery have not been this clean in years! They demonstrated the suction of the "big truck" and it was scary - but at least I know my carpet is really clean. It's hard to imagine any other type of cleanings totally sucking all the dirt out of the carpet even if the carpet looks clean. So I will only use and recommend Superior Fabric from now on. Their website is [url=http://www.Superiorfabriccleaners.com]Superior Fabric Cleaners - The Most Thorough Carpet, Upholstery, Tile and Grout Cleaning[/url] or call them at 1 888-588-8930
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia