Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,354,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
I should add that when I lived in a subdivision, I had Comcast, both cable and dsl and HATED it.
What did you hate about Comcast? The issues we have had with DirecTv deals with customer service and technical issues. Just curious as we haven't switched yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 06:29 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,745,114 times
We have Comcast, both cable tv and internet. We haven't been that happy, the connection keeps dropping. They've been to our house to fix it twice and it still happens. But I guess most providers have some of these issues.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:46 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,209,218 times
I picked Cox when I came here. It is less expensive than DirecTV (I bundled TV, cable and telephone under both). The channel selections aren't as quite as good on Cox as on DirecTV. Cable is alot more flexible than satellite. Finally, I've found Cox to be the more customer friendly outfit then any other cable or satellite provider. Everyone I've talked to has been friendly and helpful.

Some things about DirecTV: you need a box for every room (which you have to rent from them); if they deliver the wrong equipment, you will have to pay to get the right equipment; if you have problems with their equipment/set-up, you will have to pay to get it working; trying to talk to them is difficult and when you do get someone they are rude. I bought equipment from them in Georgia and two years later they invalidated the card and forced me to rent. Renting the boxes will almost always drive the total cost far above cable. I couldn't wait to get rid of them.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:19 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,994,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
What did you hate about Comcast? The issues we have had with DirecTv deals with customer service and technical issues. Just curious as we haven't switched yet.
Same thing. Horrible customer service...outages...they screwed up when they made the connnections and had to come several times to get it right. Then I moved someplace else and just had their internet...always had problems with it. Customer service was useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia