Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 04:14 AM

13 posts, read 11,952 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

We would be moving next month to NoVa (Reston/Herndon) and are looking for a good preschool for my 18 months old daughter.

I have not finalized on a apartment yet, so want to first decide on a area with good preschools and then would go for a house hunt in the nearby walk able distance areas. I am not sure if this is the correct way of doing it

I did some random research and could find that below were best rated preschools in Reston & Herndon.

CA Montessori Children’s Center, Herndon

Common Ground Child Care Center, Reston

Reston Children’s Center.

Any reviews, suggestion, recommendations would be appreciated. I am sure there are many more very good preschools that I am missing, so your suggestion on other schools are welcome .
What is the average hourly/monthly free for such a preschool.

We would be new to US so are totally blind on how the preschool system works, is there a waiting list(I fear it is) for all preschools. Anything else we need to be sure of before we start this search in reston/herndon.

OR at all this is not a issue to worry about and getting a preschool is very easy ??

Thanks for all your help guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 10:06 AM

2,092 posts, read 4,279,050 times
I have friends who really like Reston Children's Center and also Sunset Hills Montessori.
Sunset Hills Montessori School

There is also LANK, but I've heard jokes about needing to apply when the child is still "in utero" - I don't know if they are true.
LANK - Preschool in Reston, VA

Good luck - from what I understand this is an "issue" to be concerned with and not delay as you will most likely find waiting lists at the good schools.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:21 AM

13 posts, read 11,952 times
Folks do the preschools also have a pick drop home facility?

Also for toddlers is there a specific time of year for admission ?

Old 02-23-2015, 09:47 AM

37 posts, read 34,109 times
I think you need to call/check the websites for each school individually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: