Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM

1,533 posts, read 2,276,735 times

Advertisements

The VRE in Fredericksburg/Drive to Fredericksburg is 90 minutes? I'm just asking because we left from DC once to go out to eat there just for a day trip and it seemed a bit longer. But if my memory misleads me I did really like the huge shopping center there

Here is the website. Looks like 90 minute train ride from Fredericksburg to Union Station. Of course that would not include getting to the station or getting to the office. As you look for rentals, obviously see how close they are to specific stations and again.... the parking situation

General Schedule Information - VRE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM

24 posts, read 29,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlin View Post
The VRE in Fredericksburg/Drive to Fredericksburg is 90 minutes? I'm just asking because we left from DC once to go out to eat there just for a day trip and it seemed a bit longer. But if my memory misleads me I did really like the huge shopping center there

Here is the website. Looks like 90 minute train ride from Fredericksburg to Union Station. Of course that would not include getting to the station or getting to the office. As you look for rentals, obviously see how close they are to specific stations and again.... the parking situation

Thanks

Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 PM

89 posts, read 131,597 times
Default Re: 90 min to DC

You've received some honest replies. Another is a situation north of Union Station and taking the Marc trains in. I'd ask on the Maryland suburbs section of c-d and in particular check out communities a few miles off the Penn line as it runs in or near Anne Arundel county. Find a place where you can leave your car at a park and ride and commute the rest of the way in.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM

20,134 posts, read 16,251,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90minDC View Post
The VRE in Fredericksburg/Drive to Fredericksburg is 90 minutes? I'm just asking because we left from DC once to go out to eat there just for a day trip and it seemed a bit longer. But if my memory misleads me I did really like the huge shopping center there.
Just at it. Here's the schedule, which can serve you better than me trying to say. Also, the places around Leeland Station (just north of Fredericksburg) and Brooke (Stafford) are more reasonably priced too. Parking at those two stations is easier than Fredericksburg.

ETA: I see someone already tagged the VRE schedule for you.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulipGrl View Post
You've received some honest replies. Another is a situation north of Union Station and taking the Marc trains in. I'd ask on the Maryland suburbs section of c-d and in particular check out communities a few miles off the Penn line as it runs in or near Anne Arundel county. Find a place where you can leave your car at a park and ride and commute the rest of the way in.
Yeah we've done that as well. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just at it. Here's the schedule, which can serve you better than me trying to say. Also, the places around Leeland Station (just north of Fredericksburg) and Brooke (Stafford) are more reasonably priced too. Parking at those two stations is easier than Fredericksburg.

ETA: I see someone already tagged the VRE schedule for you.
Thanks

Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 AM

31 posts, read 40,591 times
I was able to snag something close to that in Silver Spring. I just said exactly what I needed to Rentals Gone Wild and they sent me a list, there wasn't a lot of options since my budget is tight, but they found some lol.

My suggestion for you as many may post, the further out you go, the better the deal is....

Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM

8,994 posts, read 21,232,582 times
There several garden/low-rise apartments along the Route 1/Richmond Highway corridor in the Fairfax County section of Alexandria. Although taking the REX or Fairfax Connector buses to and from the Huntington Metro station can be a slog during rush hour, it beats (IMO) driving into the District. There are several strip malls where most of your typical midscale retail and dining options will be found.

At many of these apartments, one can find a 2BR apt for around $1200. So what's the catch for such an affordable rent in a relatively close area? Well, despite the reasonably good upkeep of the properties, the area has had a reputation for above-average crime relative to neighborhoods east of Route 1 and closer to the waterfront. With street wisdom developed from years living in the city, it shouldn't faze you much; on the other hand, if you were looking for Wisteria Lane, it's not that. Nonetheless, from the options available, I would recommend Mount Vernon Square as it has the most amenities of any of the garden-style complexes. There is even a townhome community way in the back so there is some stability there. Good luck!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,159 times
hi my name is frances jiguan
i Lived at serve shelter looking for a three bedroom for under 800.00 per month i have three kids two of them will start in this falls middle school and my younger start kindergarent this falls it will five a apt

Old 07-11-2013, 05:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,159 times
Smile apartment

hi frances
search for three bedroom apartment inmanassas in 800.00per month i have threekids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia