Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 PM

15 posts, read 34,619 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Mclean in the next month and will be approx 7 months pregnant and need to find a hospital and Obgyn to deliver my baby. I have been looking at Women's Health Corp (Dr Bannon) for an obgyn and Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington for the Hospital. Any other recommendations or suggestions. I have heard good things about the Inova system, but have not heard anything (good or bad) about Virginia Hospital Center. Does anyone have any fairly recent experience with either places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM

216 posts, read 632,985 times
I had a good experience at VHC. They renovated the labor/maternity wing pretty recently, and the rooms are all private. My doctors are Women to Women (I usually see Drs. Caskie and Cobbs there, but Dr. Williams delivered my baby).

Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 PM

219 posts, read 472,217 times
My ob/gyn recently relocated to join a practice in north Arlington (in fact the same Women to Women the above poster mentions) that appears to be associated with Virginia Hospital Center (couldn't verify by a quick look at the site). I loved her as a doctor, she was upbeat, on the ball, spent quality time with me as a patient answering questions, inundated me with good information, but unfortunately her new location is too inconvenient for me to stay with her for the delivery of the baby. Note she is actively accepting new patients - my loss can be your gain.
Women to Women Complete OBGYN Care

Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM

158 posts, read 379,035 times
I had two great delivieries (both c-sections) at VHC. My ob's were Elliott and Lashgari and everything was really, really great. I loved having a private room and all my nurses were really great. They don't rush you to leave either which as a new mom I really appreciated.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:19 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,785,332 times
I had two great deliveries at VHC also. Drs. Elliott and Lashgari were my doctors (vaginal deliveries). They were wonderful. Loved the private rooms! Inova Fairfax has an excellent reputation - it is where the high risk deliveries are sent. However, it can sometimes get crowded, I have heard from friends. But you will get great care there. I had a friend who delivered at VHC and had an emergency after the baby was born (very rare condition) and they ambulanced her over to the cardiatric care at Fairfax where she got great care.

Honestly, pick the best doctor. You want a doctor who knows what to do if the SHTF regardless of which hospital you are in. I had full confidence in Dr. Elliott and whoever he had chosen for a backup.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 PM

97 posts, read 321,164 times
I had two great experiences delivering at Inova Fair Oaks. Would choose to go there again in a heartbeat.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM

515 posts, read 1,692,167 times
I had a surgical procedure at Inova Fairfax Women/Childrens center. It was first-rate. The nursing care is outstanding.

I doubt you can go wrong with either option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia