Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 PM

422 posts, read 2,009,544 times

Advertisements

Good luck to you!! Happy to help.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 PM

176 posts, read 652,805 times
Default The Hideout

Mr. Tudo, You should also check with Remax realtors on rte 590 in Lake Ariel. THey're right down the road from the Hideout and do a lot of business in there. You can do an online search to get their phone # and email info.
The Hidout is a nice community. It's in a rural area but close to Hamlin and Honesdale, which will provide you with the basics. Honesdale especially is a cute town with a Walmart, YMCA, hospital, movie theater, etc . The Hideout is about 1/2 hr east of Scranton.
There were a few problems there a few yrs ago. One incident that made the news was a group of teens severely beat a security guard and off duty policemen (who came to the help of the guard). I believe the teens didn't live there and weren't even supposed to be there (not even visiting?), which is why the guard was asking them to leave. Overall though it's quiet and peaceful and conveniently located if you want a country setting.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 10,613 times
Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated. I only mention East Stroudsburg b/c that's what I know. I have a friend who has a friend who lives there. Also, that's the only area that I ever see advertised.

What towns would you recommend that are south/west of stroudsburg? Also, what would you consider the best schools in the area?

Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

GUISEPPE327

Best schools would be--my opinon are Delawer Water Gap and Pleasant Valley.

Here is what I posted on another thread
Don't move to Mt. Pocono. or Tobyhanna. or PoconoCountry Place (developments).
here is a better map

http://guestmagazine.com/poconomap.html

Homes 4 sale

http://www.poconokey.com/Search_20_the_20_MLS.html

School District Map

http://www.grantrealty.com/pages/schooldistricts.html

Old 05-18-2007, 06:46 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,789,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougargm View Post
Mr. Tudo, You should also check with Remax realtors on rte 590 in Lake Ariel. THey're right down the road from the Hideout and do a lot of business in there. You can do an online search to get their phone # and email info.
The Hidout is a nice community. It's in a rural area but close to Hamlin and Honesdale, which will provide you with the basics. Honesdale especially is a cute town with a Walmart, YMCA, hospital, movie theater, etc . The Hideout is about 1/2 hr east of Scranton.
There were a few problems there a few yrs ago. One incident that made the news was a group of teens severely beat a security guard and off duty policemen (who came to the help of the guard). I believe the teens didn't live there and weren't even supposed to be there (not even visiting?), which is why the guard was asking them to leave. Overall though it's quiet and peaceful and conveniently located if you want a country setting.
The version that you have of the fight in The Hideout is a little twisted...
I have lived in The Hideout for 13 years. Rentals are much harder to come by than they were 10 years ago. It is a much sought after place now.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 AM

There was a small incident regarding a couple and drugs. But it was minor. I really think it is a safe place. They are having more activities for teens to do there, which is great!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 PM

32,632 posts, read 77,849,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiseppe327 View Post
What towns would you recommend that are south/west of stroudsburg? Also, what would you consider the best schools in the area?
Look into the Pleasant Valley School District in southwestern Monroe County, which encompasses the areas around Brodheadsville and Effort.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 PM

ummm...thanks SWB but I already said it...

GUISEPPE327

Best schools would be--my opinon are Delawer Water Gap and Pleasant Valley.

LOL

Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 AM
VNN

1 posts, read 5,942 times
Post Looking to move to Stroudsburg, PA

Hi Molly:

We are planning to relocate to Stourdsburg, PA from New Jersey. We are choosing Stroudsburg, because I will continue to travel back to NJ for work while my spouse takes up a new job in the area.

Any suggestions on after school programs and child development activities such as Karate, ballet, music lessons, etc?

Thanks much for your help!

VNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Hello all,

My name is Molly. I have lived in the Poconos for about 8 years. I hope to be very helpful on this site. So if you have any questions about the area...Stroudsburg and all its surrounding towns--ASK ME!!

I am originally from Long Island. I am married and have young children. I used to be a teacher.

Any questions about where TO live where NOT to live--job opportunites--things to do. ASK MOLLY!!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 PM

32,632 posts, read 77,849,330 times
Not to steal MollyMe's thunder, but if all goes according to plan, check back tomorrow afternoon for a great photo tour of Stroudsburg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania