Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 06:58 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,293,934 times

Advertisements

Here is another link to a proposal to 'remake' the area around Long Pond Road and Route 940: https://wnep.com/2018/04/19/even-mor...ed-in-poconos/. Supposedly businesses can start moving in by 2020. They said that restaurants and motels have expressed interest in the area. I presume it will be to take advantage of the additional traffic from the new Ripley's park and Kalahari. At some time they will also have to further widen Route 940 - I am not sure if that is part of this new plan? Route 611 is a mess since it is not wide enough to place the utilities in the right-of-way of the road - big problem for expansion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 PM

232 posts, read 281,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Maybe this: https://www.pahomepage.com/news/airp...ff/1239355854?

Even the old E. Stroudsburg airport was recently sold last year with maybe plans for the future: Stroudsburg-Pocono Airport sold for $1.4 million - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA.

But his one (https://wnep.com/2018/04/11/entertai...o-the-poconos/) is going to be the big game changer for our area.

Close to me the rehabilitation of the old Brookdale on the Lake is well under way and I would suspect that easily, within the next year, they will start operations. That should have a fairly large staff; but time will tell. There is a lot of construction going on presently.
I heard about nfi warehouse but look like not true

Old 08-17-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney89 View Post
I heard about nfi warehouse but look like not true

You're confusing me. What is the nfi warehouse you're talking about?

Is the construction at the Tobyhanna airport the new hangers that I gave you the link to? I'll check out the area better in a week or two.

Across from the Sanofi southern entrance I heard there is a new Sheetz going in. I am not sure that is correct; but it is what I was told. They are also working on something about a mile north of there where you turn to Mt. Airy off 611; but I do not know what that is supposed to be - perhaps they are simply leveling the land for later development?

Old 08-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Is the construction at the Tobyhanna airport the new hangers that I gave you the link to? I'll check out the area better in a week or two.

Across from the Sanofi southern entrance I heard there is a new Sheetz going in. I am not sure that is correct; but it is what I was told. They are also working on something about a mile north of there where you turn to Mt. Airy off 611; but I do not know what that is supposed to be - perhaps they are simply leveling the land for later development?
Yeah that airport extension i heard that nfi warehouse

Old 08-17-2018, 07:08 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,841,426 times
Quote:
Here is another link to a proposal to 'remake' the area around Long Pond Road and Route 940: https://wnep.com/2018/04/19/even-mor...ed-in-poconos/. Supposedly businesses can start moving in by 2020. They said that restaurants and motels have expressed interest in the area. I presume it will be to take advantage of the additional traffic from the new Ripley's park and Kalahari. At some time they will also have to further widen Route 940 - I am not sure if that is part of this new plan? Route 611 is a mess since it is not wide enough to place the utilities in the right-of-way of the road - big problem for expansion.
Oh no. That means it will be busy around work!!.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,167,547 times
Quote:

NFI - is a trucking company....

https://www.nfiindustries.com/

Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
NFI - is a trucking company....

https://www.nfiindustries.com/
3pl company operate different customers , in mt pocono they move stuff for lowes.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Oh no. That means it will be busy around work!!.

I was waiting to find out what was going to happen to that old gas station. It has set there for some time. It's a good location; I don't remember how much land is with the station? They leased the track of land to CF that FedEx sits on. I think he gave CF a 99 year lease. The old guy, that owned the old gas station, was a smart businessman. I believe his daughter took over when he died. I remember her asking for the head of one of our drivers that had hit and killed her German Shepard. They let it run and it ran under one of our trucks coming into the terminal. There is a good chance that our driver never knew he hit the dog since the dog could have been killed by the back wheels of the set of pups? I forget how it turned out; but she was POed and wanted blood. My feeling was that she was just as responsible since she left her dog, that liked to chase trucks, lose.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney89 View Post
3pl company operate different customers , in mt pocono they move stuff for lowes.

I have seen plenty of their trucks on the road. I just never really thought about 'NFI'. Did they have plans to build a terminal up there?

Old 08-18-2018, 02:03 AM

Quote:
I have seen plenty of their trucks on the road. I just never really thought about 'NFI'. Did they have plans to build a terminal up there?
Only rumors get to me.We find out sonner or later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania