Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,185 times

Advertisements

I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn ,if anyone has heard about anything similar it would be a huge help.

The back story is as follows ,a few months ago the water company shut us off for a past due balance unknown to us since we had no
Notice on the door and our water continued to work ,this was probbly due to some work they did on the pipes around the same time,they also
Hon to say they turned it off multiple times which of course is either a lie or the pipes are broken since we never messed with anything.

So now theirs two giant signs posted by the cops in our front yard saying we can't park there on a certain date and I'm just getting scared.

If the valve isn't working correctly and we've been using water whos to say they arnt going to say we owe them obscene amounts of money or try and charge us with some kind of felonly x

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-25-2013 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: please don't use the word retarded - replaced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 08:10 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbridge2013 View Post
I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn ,if anyone has heard about anything similar it would be a huge help

The back story is as follows ,a few months ago the water company shut us off for a past due balance unknown to us since we had no
Notice on the door and our water continued to work ,this was probbly due to some work they did on the pipes around the same time,they also
Hon to say they turned it off multiple times which of course is either a lie or the pipes are broken since we never messed with anything

So now theirs two giant signs posted by the cops in our front yard saying we can't park there on a certain date and I'm just getting scared

If the valve isn't working correctly and we've been using water whos to say they arnt going to say we owe them obscene amounts of money or try and charge us with some kind of felonly x
I can't help, but if you state what town you are in, maybe others can....

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-19-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 PM

98 posts, read 190,050 times
maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how the second and third paragraph relate... I don't think its connected, so I wouldn't worry about it.

you may want to consult a lawyer as they would know more about these issues than random people on a forum.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:07 AM

55 posts, read 122,485 times
Filing a Formal Complaint with the PA P.U.C. will put water company on notice of problem. While the complaint is being investigated by PUC, water company cannot terminate service. If you do owe back money and the water company can prove it to the PUC get ready to pay up. In the settlement with the water company, the PUC will get you on a payment plan for any back money owed. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania