Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 PM

53 posts, read 323,193 times

Advertisements

Moving to ND job offer in Stanley & Williston which town would I have the best chance to find a place to park my camper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 02:54 PM

My husband has been wanting to move to ND for the last year. I posted my resume the 1st day I had 2 replies. We just went today to buy a camper. Both jobs in Williston and Stanley are comperable pay. I was just wanting to now where we have a better chance of finding a place to park or should we rent somewhere.

We are on our way there because we live in Florida where the boom went bust. Both of us were making very decent wages...but not anymore. We want to keep everything (our house in FL) so we have at least 15 years +/- before retirement and we want to make the most of it...not just get by.

Any advice would be most welcomed.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM

174 posts, read 378,913 times
Split the difference and find a place to park in between. Both Stanley and Williston are exploding at the seams right now because they are the two bigger cities although Tioga is hopping as well. Since you are just looking for a camper spot it shouldn't be oo hard to find a place to park it if you aren't looking for amenities.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM

We bought the camper, I gave notice at work. It's official we will be on our way the last week in March. I need all the advice anyone can give me. My husband and I are at the point here that we are just getting by...that is why we will be on our way there. Both of us used to get great paychecks....not anymore. But we are willing to make a change to make a change. The 1st 3 resumes I sent out I got instant replies but everyone told me they really wanted me to be there before they would talk with me. Yes, I know that when we get there I will have a job somewhere, I would like some advice on where the best town would be to start out....employment, a place to park my camper, transportation, etc. I welcome any and all advice.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Transportation?? Better bring your cars. Housing is nearly impossible to find in Williston. Stanley is much smaller, not sure if there are more rentals there. You'll have to check the rental adds for both. Williston Herald. You will have to find a parking place once you're here, unless you find something through posts for your camper. Employment you already know, online. Until you're here in person that's about it for employment options. Saw another poster that got offered 3 jobs too. The thing is, there may be jobs, there isn't housing. Good luck on your move.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM

60 posts, read 95,039 times
What is your background? You said you had 2 replies for job offers.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM

We have Transportation we are hauling a camper and my father-in-law will drive our other truck up sometime in April or May.

My background is in office management.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:41 PM

11 posts, read 32,735 times
I spent the last month in Stanley, and can say it is a nice little town. There are several RV parks in the area that offer full hookup for $500-$600 a month. Sadly I cannot remember any of names of the RV parks, but they were listed on the wall in the laundry mat in Stanley.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 AM

12 posts, read 26,173 times
Default type o

Hello! My husband and I are packing up to move to Williston ND. He's on a mission to find work and make some $. He's motived and has a strong work ethic. The kind of work he's looking for is drilling. Use to drill up in Alaska. Please Help? Any information on jobs or towns we should looking into. Thank You if you can help.

Last edited by Charmaine Potter; 03-12-2012 at 02:39 AM.. Reason: Sorry i forgot the o in Hello

Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
I sent you a Direct Message, list of some info. Best practices on this forum include reading many, many threads, do a search using the topic you are seeking. Several folks have written about their job search experiences, you'll do well to do the reading. Good luck on your search. Be aware of the housing issues, hope he gets a job w/ housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota