Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM

32 posts, read 50,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
As I recall, the main question they'll ask you in the little telephone interview is who was your last employer? If the employer matches up with the employer they have on file for you, they'll be able to tell you immediately that your benefits will continue with no interruption.
abcde12,

Thank you again for all your help. I called the unemployment office and they gave me the Remote number that I need to call in order to apply for a new benefit year and it appears all should go just as you said when that time comes. Again, Thank you, Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 PM

20 posts, read 26,931 times
Default Earnings

I have the chance to earn some oney while unemployed. My question is this:

If I earn less than what my benfits would be and I report it, will UI make up the difference and for how long?

I don't know any rules on this......

Old 11-20-2011, 05:48 PM

15 posts, read 28,991 times
Can anyone give me an update about EB?? Im in North Carolina and I have about 14 more weeks left on my EB claim but Im hearing that EB will also end in December. I thought EUC (Tiers 1-4) were ending and EB would remain if you lived in a state that still had it and I do (NC)???

Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 10,871 times
Kenneth,
My understanding is that you have an earning allowance. Mine is 75.00. You can make up to that amount each week and your unemployment check won't be affected. If you make over that amount, they will take out whatever you made over your allowance from your check. However, the money stays in your "personal account," so you don't actually lose it, it just gets tacked on to the end, allowing you to basically stay on unemployment a little longer.
So for example, if I made $80 this week, I would report that when I file. My check would be $5 less than normal for that week. But at the end of my unemployment, I would get that $5 the week after I would have normally exhausted my benefits.
Does that make sense?
Traci

Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 AM

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has ever made a mistake when filing their weekly certification. This week (which is my last week of tier 4), I accidentally said "No" when I meant "Yes," to the question of whether I had been actively looking for employment. I realized my mistake just as I hit the submit button, but of course they don't let you go back to fix it. The system said it couldn't process my payment because of problems with my eligibility. Has anyone had this experience? Is it a quick fix if I contact my local office? I was planning to go in there tomorrow to apply for my Extended Benefits anyway. Now I'm worried this will affect that. Help!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:48 PM

245 posts, read 957,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc58 View Post
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has ever made a mistake when filing their weekly certification. This week (which is my last week of tier 4), I accidentally said "No" when I meant "Yes," to the question of whether I had been actively looking for employment. I realized my mistake just as I hit the submit button, but of course they don't let you go back to fix it. The system said it couldn't process my payment because of problems with my eligibility. Has anyone had this experience? Is it a quick fix if I contact my local office? I was planning to go in there tomorrow to apply for my Extended Benefits anyway. Now I'm worried this will affect that. Help!
Yes! I made a mistake without realizing it and when I received my check it was for a lower amount. I immediately called and that's when I discovered my mistake. They made the correction while I was on the phone with them and I had to wait till either the end of the week or the following week to recieve the additional money due me.

So my advice is to call them asap! I know it's a hassle, all that on-hold wait time, but it's a necessary evil.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly57 View Post
Yes! I made a mistake without realizing it and when I received my check it was for a lower amount. I immediately called and that's when I discovered my mistake. They made the correction while I was on the phone with them and I had to wait till either the end of the week or the following week to recieve the additional money due me.

So my advice is to call them asap! I know it's a hassle, all that on-hold wait time, but it's a necessary evil.
Thank you! It's a relief to know that it can probably be fixed.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM

264 posts, read 364,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekenc View Post
Can anyone give me an update about EB?? Im in North Carolina and I have about 14 more weeks left on my EB claim but Im hearing that EB will also end in December. I thought EUC (Tiers 1-4) were ending and EB would remain if you lived in a state that still had it and I do (NC)???
I'm not positive about this, but I believe the huge fight the NC General Assembly and the Governor had this past spring resulted in the authorization of EB only through 2011.

If anybody has any definite knowledge concerning this issue, please post.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:56 AM

21 posts, read 34,748 times
I have called the local office... talked to two different counselors... TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS.... call the 866 number and they told me a THIRD answer... I lost my job in 6/2010 have not been able to find ANYTHING in this time. Where I am according to unemployment. End of Tier 3... SUPPOSE to qualify for Tier 4... but my STATUS says: Benefits Exhausted. The only thing that they can tell me is to keep filing!!! I have heard of people receiving 2+ Years of benefits and others only a few months... I consider myself an intelligent woman, but I just don't understand how this all works...

*****I am so worried and beat down I am not sure what to do... If we call the people that administer the program and they don't know the answers... WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO... I want to add before anyone says get off my butt and get a job... I FIND JOBS FOR PEOPLE by profession. I know exactly what to do to get a job and YES, I HAVE TRIED IT ALL!!!! I have lost my house, my car and almost my mind.... I want to work more than you want me to get off my butt AND WORK..... Remember not to judge others as you may end up in that same position one day!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:18 PM

264 posts, read 364,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel64 View Post
I have called the local office... talked to two different counselors... TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS.... call the 866 number and they told me a THIRD answer... I lost my job in 6/2010 have not been able to find ANYTHING in this time. Where I am according to unemployment. End of Tier 3... SUPPOSE to qualify for Tier 4... but my STATUS says: Benefits Exhausted. The only thing that they can tell me is to keep filing!!! I have heard of people receiving 2+ Years of benefits and others only a few months... I consider myself an intelligent woman, but I just don't understand how this all works...

*****I am so worried and beat down I am not sure what to do... If we call the people that administer the program and they don't know the answers... WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO... I want to add before anyone says get off my butt and get a job... I FIND JOBS FOR PEOPLE by profession. I know exactly what to do to get a job and YES, I HAVE TRIED IT ALL!!!! I have lost my house, my car and almost my mind.... I want to work more than you want me to get off my butt AND WORK..... Remember not to judge others as you may end up in that same position one day!!!
Caramel64, if you qualified for Tier 3, there's no reason you won't qualify for Tier 4, if you move to it before the end of the year. Tier 4 is a maximum of 6 weeks.

As it stands now, EUC and EB are both ending in 3 weeks. Anyone on EUC will be allowed to finish the tier they're on. EB ends abruptly -- no winding down period for EB.

The reason the people that administer the program don't know the answers is they can't be sure if the politicians will reauthorize the benefits. I'm pretty sure that EUC will be reauthorized for 2012, but that doesn't help those of us who have already exhausted all the tiers and are into EB and beyond.

The Benefits Exhausted status often clicks on when moving from one tier to another. That, by itself, is nothing to worry about.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina