Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 03:19 PM

162 posts, read 193,416 times

Advertisements

87astro, just call and they will ask you a couple of questions and you will be set. Keep filing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
the new jobs bill is proposing to extend UI benefits to 260 weeks?!!

that is alarming.....

Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 AM

264 posts, read 363,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
the new jobs bill is proposing to extend UI benefits to 260 weeks?!!

that is alarming.....
I don't understand your post -- where are you getting "260 weeks"?

The only specifics I've heard is Obama wants to extend the EUC that expires at the end of 2011 to another year.

There's been talk of "reform" which may be based on the Georgia model where employers can basically hire/train UI recipients for free for about 8 weeks.

I don't know anything about 99er help other than giving employers a $4,000 tax credit for hiring anybody who's been unemployed for more than 6 months.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM

22 posts, read 68,251 times
hey everyone, what happen after you use up your EB? i've used T1-T3 already and now i'm on EB. if anybody can give me an answers that would be nice. thanks.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM

32 posts, read 50,499 times
PLEASE HELP:
When my benefit year ends in November, I will already be in Tier 2. At that time, I will need to re-apply for a new benefit year and understand that if I do not have enough wages in the last year then, I should continue through the Tiers on at the same weekly benefit amount until I have exhausted them.
The following is what I do not understand -
On the ESC Website, it states: Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending December 31, 2011 to qualify for the next higher tier.

If this is true then when I exhaust my Second Tier in "January 2012", I will be (later than) past December 31, 2011 so, how could I ever qualify for the next higher Tier = Tier3 etc... Could I be missing something here? Any help you can offer me would be appreciated.

Thank you - Joe

Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM

22 posts, read 50,253 times
I'm about to end my final tier of EUC and was wondering what I need to do to try for EB? Do I get enrolled automatically or will I need to go to the office and apply? Do I have to wait until after I get my final deposit made or should I go ahead and do it now (I have 2 week's left before my last payment amount) or just wait until the last 2 week's is up then go on the week I apply and don't get the payment? My local office is packed full with all the hurricane stuff going on so I want to make bothering them a last resort.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM

108 posts, read 160,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe53 View Post
PLEASE HELP:
When my benefit year ends in November, I will already be in Tier 2. At that time, I will need to re-apply for a new benefit year and understand that if I do not have enough wages in the last year then, I should continue through the Tiers on at the same weekly benefit amount until I have exhausted them.
The following is what I do not understand -
On the ESC Website, it states: Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending December 31, 2011 to qualify for the next higher tier.

If this is true then when I exhaust my Second Tier in "January 2012", I will be (later than) past December 31, 2011 so, how could I ever qualify for the next higher Tier = Tier3 etc... Could I be missing something here? Any help you can offer me would be appreciated.

Thank you - Joe
The current UI program expires around Dec 31, 2011. If it is not extended (which is what Obama is proposing, not extending beyond 99 weeks) then when you hit the end of T2 in January you will not be able to move to T3. However, you should be able to apply for and likely get EB at that point, up to 20 weeks depending on your situation. But the program will probably be extended because the economy still sucks. So my guess is that you will be OK, and continue on thru the tiers and then EB. This is my understanding of it. But I don't think ANYONE really understands it completely! I can't imagine they won't extend the program.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdrifter05 View Post
I'm about to end my final tier of EUC and was wondering what I need to do to try for EB? Do I get enrolled automatically or will I need to go to the office and apply? Do I have to wait until after I get my final deposit made or should I go ahead and do it now (I have 2 week's left before my last payment amount) or just wait until the last 2 week's is up then go on the week I apply and don't get the payment? My local office is packed full with all the hurricane stuff going on so I want to make bothering them a last resort.
You have to apply for EB. I think you can do it over the phone. You can go ahead and apply now as far as I know, then they send it thru and when your last week is up you should continue on into EB if you qualify. Not everyone qualifies, and I really don't know what conditions must be met for someone to qualufy.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace24 View Post
hey everyone, what happen after you use up your EB? i've used T1-T3 already and now i'm on EB. if anybody can give me an answers that would be nice. thanks.
As far as I know, after EB that's it. Your done. EB comes after all the tiers. Did you go thru tier 4? And are you in your 2nd benefit year?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 PM

32 posts, read 50,499 times
Sacflies, Thank you for your reply. Just want to be sure I understand - You are saying that Obama "Is proposing" to extend the current UI program that expires around Dec 31, 2011, Correct? If it is not extended, and my t2 finishes after December 31st 2011, why would I be able to move from T2 directly to EB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina