Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,993 times

Advertisements

I guess us interstate claimants get screwed? I live in SC (right across the border) and worked in uptown Charlotte forever. So if I am reading this right, SC is not extending the EB. Something like 2 weeks....

Anyone understand what this means for us SC folks?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,442 times
Hi everyone - thought I'd share what was going on with my situation, since I've seen questions. My benefits were exhausted 2 weeks after the April 16th deadline. Since then, I haven't been able to file a new claim, file for EB, nothing. It just said on the ESC website my benefits were exhausted. I was able to apply for EB yesterday, got a confirmation email, etc. This morning I logged into the site, went to file my weekly claim and it said "all my records were up to date". I viewed my claim and it stated I have an open EB claim with no issues, and I was eligible starting 06/05. I guess I should see a payment in the next few days. hope this helps anyone who might be in a similar situation.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 AM

44 posts, read 63,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlast View Post
We are unable to complete your call at this time. Please try or call again later
Same here, along with circuits are busy.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM

55 posts, read 66,329 times
got mine

Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 AM

26 posts, read 31,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gironbachs View Post
Hi everyone - thought I'd share what was going on with my situation, since I've seen questions. My benefits were exhausted 2 weeks after the April 16th deadline. Since then, I haven't been able to file a new claim, file for EB, nothing. It just said on the ESC website my benefits were exhausted. I was able to apply for EB yesterday, got a confirmation email, etc. This morning I logged into the site, went to file my weekly claim and it said "all my records were up to date". I viewed my claim and it stated I have an open EB claim with no issues, and I was eligible starting 06/05. I guess I should see a payment in the next few days. hope this helps anyone who might be in a similar situation.
Hmmm, What were your exact steps getting enrolled into EB? I spoke to an ESC rep on Friday, and it appeared all was set for me. My Tier IV exhausted on 4/16, and since that time, I've been able to file each week. It has continued to say 'Benefits Exhausted', but I've just kept filing. The rep told me that since I've been able to file each week that meant I was eligible for EB and would roll right into it and get every retro payment. However, at this time, nothing has been updated in the system...it's exactly the same as before, and I have no payments in my bank account. I've tried calling today, but I'm getting nothing but the automated "call back another time" message.

I am an interstate claimant, and she says that all was good-to-go for me. I live in GA now, and they are in active EB at this time.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll keep on trying the phones, but this may take an act of God to get through. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM

191 posts, read 218,572 times
I got through and they said I should be receiving it Thursday, she said she couldn't give me an a total amount but to call back tomorrow. Supposedly they have to process mine in two steps...yadda yadda she explained it but honestly I could hardly understand her, she was nice, but hard to understand.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 AM

191 posts, read 218,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHeel View Post
Hmmm, What were your exact steps getting enrolled into EB? I spoke to an ESC rep on Friday, and it appeared all was set for me. My Tier IV exhausted on 4/16, and since that time, I've been able to file each week. It has continued to say 'Benefits Exhausted', but I've just kept filing. The rep told me that since I've been able to file each week that meant I was eligible for EB and would roll right into it and get every retro payment. However, at this time, nothing has been updated in the system...it's exactly the same as before, and I have no payments in my bank account. I've tried calling today, but I'm getting nothing but the automated "call back another time" message.

I am an interstate claimant, and she says that all was good-to-go for me. I live in GA now, and they are in active EB at this time.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll keep on trying the phones, but this may take an act of God to get through. Thanks!
You just keep trying to get through, I think the lady on Friday was trying to get you off the phone, just my opinion. I pretty much was in the same boat as you and they had to actually do a couple of things in the system.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,075 times
Hi all, long-time reader, first-time poster. I have a few questions about my claim that someone here may be to answer. (I've had no luck getting through to anyone at the ESC, it's expectedly busy today.)

First, I should say that I've found the unemployment benefit process a bit complicated -- mostly because of my own negligence to do much research, I suppose. I've done some reading over the weekend, and I think I've got my particular situation figured out, but I want to make absolutely sure.

Here are the facts:

- My initial claim was filed last June, my benefit year ends this week
- My EUC claim was effective on 10/17/10
- I believe this puts me right at the end of tier two

But here's where I get really confused. For the past five or six weeks, every time I've filed my weekly certification online I've been met with a message saying that I have two or fewer weeks remaining on my benefit year. Whatever, that's not right, must be a website issue, I've ignored it. Beginning last week (maybe earlier, I'm not sure), my claim status was listed on the ESC site as "benefits exhausted." That was a bit worrisome. Both messages were there yesterday when I filed, today though my claim is listed as active.

Also, my payment was 50% of the regular amount last week, though I've seen that before at the end of a tier. However, my payment this week was roughly 2/3 what I usually see.

So, the answers I'm looking for:

1. I'm at the end of tier 2, right? Despite my benefit year ending, I should roll into tier 3 without a problem?
2. Any reason why my payment was short two weeks in a row?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've found this thread particularly helpful over the past year, so keep up the good work.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 AM

26 posts, read 31,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
You just keep trying to get through, I think the lady on Friday was trying to get you off the phone, just my opinion. I pretty much was in the same boat as you and they had to actually do a couple of things in the system.
She was so nice and didn't seem to rush me on the phone. I asked her 3 times about my situation and if I was good-to-go? She said absolutely cleared 100%. I told her I didn't want to deal w/ Monday's phones, and she understood. Very informative as well. But oh well, I guess I'll keep on calling. It was just too easy on Friday, I guess...

Old 06-06-2011, 07:28 AM

118 posts, read 143,377 times
havent been able to get through yet,,,, is everyone getting retro ,,,even those not on eb yet as of 4-16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina