Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 AM

169 posts, read 204,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
I am getting the feeling that since we are not the type that buys tickets to their fundraisers, that could give a $hit less about us. 130 people on a Facebook account does not make a protest.
Agreed ,but there's nothing stopping us from mixing a few sign amongst the crowd to restore extended benefits. This will grab media attention, and the cause is similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 AM

264 posts, read 313,348 times
Sad darn thing for me is I gave money to LaRoque's campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egosumdeus View Post
I am getting the feeling that since we are not the type that buys tickets to their fundraisers, that could give a $hit less about us. 130 people on a Facebook account does not make a protest.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 AM

Fewer people apply for unemployment benefits - Economy - NewsObserver.com (http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/12/1193026/fewer-people-apply-for-unemployment.html - broken link)

Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 AM

26 posts, read 31,803 times
Reply from Dem. Jim Crawford to my email pushing for compromise...same ole same ole, but we'll see.

We are encouraging the majority party to move the bill and come to an agreement.

Rep. Jim Crawford
NC General Assembly
1321 Legislative Buildiing

Raleigh NC 27601-1096
919 733.5824

Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM

134 posts, read 172,892 times
Thom Tillis office said someone would be calling people back this afternoon if you left name and number I did. Will not hold my breath on that one.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 AM

I was just contacted by Nancy Webb of the Charlotte Observer. It sounds like she is working on another piece for the paper.

She needs 1st person (Name and City) stories of people losing homes, being evicted, unable to provide feed their family or any thing else caused by the legislatures inaction to remedy Extended Benefits, like Kayla's suicide.

This is great opportunity for us to be heard!

150-word limit for letters

Email your stories NOW to nwebb@charlotteobserver.com

Nancy Webb
The Charlotte Observer
nwebb@charlotteobserver.com
704-358-5106

Last edited by ebnow; 05-12-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 AM

169 posts, read 315,165 times
Default Why do we get and the media gets it but.....

Why don't these "leaders" get it? The media is doing a job of outlying a clear course of action for restoring benefits, the people have "spoken" on the issue.

What is the hold up? What the hell is going on?

This whole situation makes me feel crazy...am I crazy? Hate to resort to name calling but: What a bunch serious a**holes.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 AM

From Berger:

"Sen. Berger is still in full support of House bill 383 which kept the ESC extended benefits available. Since this is such an urgent matter we had this bill ratified in a special Satruday session and put on the governor’s desk for her approval. Unfortunatley the governor vetoed the bill.

House bill 383 is a two part bill. It extends unemployment benefits in a timely manner to ensure that no additional harm is brought to our families that are already struggling. But keep in mind that this situation sheds light on a bigger problem that may rear its ugly head again in June, which is also addressed in HB383. In June if the governor and the legislature are unable to agree on a budget HB383 is simply providing a failsafe for government agencies, services, and payments continue to operate. HB383 puts a common sense plan in place that allows State Government and agencies to operate in the wake of the governor’s well used veto stamp. This will help us avoid a much bigger catastrophe then what we are facing currently.

The bill is currently residing in the House. We are hopeful that the governor will release 4 democrats to vote with the majority for a veto over-ride that will restore benefits.

On behalf of Sen. Berger,

Mike Rusher
Director of Constituent Services
Office of the Senate President Pro Tempore
Mike.rusher@ncleg.net"

Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 AM

mommy terry, did some searching and thought of you when I found this.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Safelink/home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Thom Tillis office said someone would be calling people back this afternoon if you left name and number I did. Will not hold my breath on that one.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:07 AM

This one too. This one hasnt been around as long as the other link
Lifeline Cell Phone Service Provider | Assurance Wireless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina