Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,174,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS View Post
I know how to drive. Im not just some wreckless teen.
You speeding infraction suggests otherwise.

Look, I know you don't want to hear someone preach to you about driving safety. But the fact is, you're still very young and inexperienced. I have teenagers myself, and they are very good drivers, but lack of experience can, in a split second, cost you your life. Driving almost 20 mph over the limit is reckless. A deer, a dog, another car, a kid...there are any number of things that will test your reaction time and skill. If you're speeding, your chances of making the right decision in time are greatly reduced.

As for what you should expect, you will have to pay for your mistake with money and quite possibly loss of driving privileges. Sorry, but that's the price you pay. I hope you will take this as a learning experience. Just because everyone else is speeding doesn't mean you should do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM

30 posts, read 41,585 times
Drivers who think that they are safe drivers as long they´re doing the speed limit, should get their license revoked. Once again, you should choose your speed depending to traffic conditions, not the speed limit!
I would suggest CCHS to learn how to drive safely at higher speeds step by step. Sticking to the speed limit doesn´t make good drivers of them.
Much more important than speeds are following distances. If you are too close, you will likely crash, even if you´re under the speed limit.
So keep your eyes open, watch for other drivers, yield to faster drivers and drive at a proper following distance. Yu should also keep in mind that faster drivers have the right of way if they´re in the passing lane.
When I was at driving school 2 years ago, I had to learn how to drive safely at 100 mph on the autobahn and to choose my speed depending on conditions like traffic density, speed of other traffic ,road surface and to adjust my following distance properly.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 PM

6 posts, read 20,366 times
so, in other words, Im totally screwd on this? there is absolutely nothing I can do?

I was taling to my friend who got popped by a statie doing 88 in a 35...his court fee's and ticket combined were only 171$, but they impounded his vehicle. he also had a legit reason for his speed.

but, there's nothing I can do?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:08 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,358,924 times
No , there is nothing you can do.
Chalk it up to lesson learned.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,174,738 times
Quote:
so, in other words, Im totally screwd on this? there is absolutely nothing I can do?

I was taling to my friend who got popped by a statie doing 88 in a 35...his court fee's and ticket combined were only 171$, but they impounded his vehicle. he also had a legit reason for his speed.

Huh? Seems you do have some learning to do, so I hope your penalties will be harsh enough to drive the lesson home. Here's a tip to get your education started: There is no legit reason to drive 88 mph in a 35 zone!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:12 AM

30 posts, read 41,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Huh? Seems you do have some learning to do, so I hope your penalties will be harsh enough to drive the lesson home. Here's a tip to get your education started: There is no legit reason to drive 88 mph in a 35 zone!
But there is also no reason to drive the speed limit 55 mph when the other traffic is doing 70-75 mph. This is just irresponsible.
@CCHS, rethink your driving. On city streets, high speeds are really dangerous. If you want to speed, do it on well-build highways where higher speeds won´t lead to fatal crashes if they´re are choosen to conditions.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
His mom was having a heart attach. I believe that is a good enough reason to speed, is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn driver View Post
But there is also no reason to drive the speed limit 55 mph when the other traffic is doing 70-75 mph. This is just irresponsible.
@CCHS, rethink your driving. On city streets, high speeds are really dangerous. If you want to speed, do it on well-build highways where higher speeds won´t lead to fatal crashes if they´re are choosen to conditions.
It was on a highway.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,583,181 times
Quote:
His mom was having a heart attach. I believe that is a good enough reason to speed, is it not?
NO! That is what emergency services are for, you call 911, which will get trained medical personnel to the individual faster.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,583,181 times
Quote:

Of course there is; You can learn from your mistakes and recognize that driving is a privilege, not a right.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Well, on the other side of all but autobahns advice, I am out of the ticket, no insurance increase, no court fee's, nothing. it's literally as if it never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina