Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:53 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,677,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy101 View Post
I just recieved a reckless driving ticket going 89 in a 65 in on 1-85 in NC. What did you do with your case? Any advance? Please help. Thank You
Slow down before you kill someone! Chances are you won't learn so I'm wasting my breath. Read the previous posts. There's a few suggestions.

And if you want to keep driving that fast, might I suggest the Richard Pretty Driving Experience. For how much you're racking up in tickets, you can go even faster on a race track and not be a threat to others. Oh and you won't have a meeting with the NC LEOs.

No I don't have sympathy for the cry babies who drive like this. In the past week, I was almost killed 3 times by some moron who thought they own the road and no one else was around. Two of my near misses happened within 10 minutes of each other. It's amazing what happens when someone is speeding, not paying attention and driving in 2 lanes! Especially when you're a LYNX driver! Funny how a lane is made for one vehicle. Strangest thing you got up there in NC.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM

6 posts, read 20,366 times
ok, today I got busted by a state trooper doing 73 in a 55..I seriously had no idea I was speeding as I was in a group of car, and school buses. I got singled out. being as I am 16, and first time being pulled, I was nervous..badly, I didn't know what to do, panicked badly, and looked for a lot to pull into..It totally slipped my mind to pull on the side of the road..tried to pull into a parking lot(empty) kinda slid..but I was panicking..I have to appear in court, what will happen to me? I am extremely nervous..

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

30 posts, read 41,585 times
@CCHS, you could ask them why the speed was limited to 55 mph. Can they present any statistics stating that speeds above 55 mph caused the majority of crashes? If not, tell them how dangerous it is if you are driving slower than the other traffic.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn driver View Post
@CCHS, you could ask them why the speed was limited to 55 mph. Can they present any statistics stating that speeds above 55 mph caused the majority of crashes? If not, tell them how dangerous it is if you are driving slower than the other traffic.
That is not going to fly in court! The speed limit is 55 and most cops will give you up to 10 over. Beyond that too bad for you. Doesn't matter what other people were doing. It matters what you were doing as you were the one the cop busted. If everyone said they were going to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS View Post
ok, today I got busted by a state trooper doing 73 in a 55..I seriously had no idea I was speeding as I was in a group of car, and school buses. I got singled out. being as I am 16, and first time being pulled, I was nervous..badly, I didn't know what to do, panicked badly, and looked for a lot to pull into..It totally slipped my mind to pull on the side of the road..tried to pull into a parking lot(empty) kinda slid..but I was panicking..I have to appear in court, what will happen to me? I am extremely nervous..
Doesn't matter you had no idea how fast you were going. Cars come with these things called speedometers for a reason. Almost 20 over the speed limit and being 16? Kiss your driving privileges goodbye! Bye some comfy shoes for walking. And I hope you have a job to pay your fines.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM

you are absolutely no ****ing help. I know I was speeding, im not stupid. I have been driving for 3 years, I have multiple driving certificates, and know how to handle a vehicle at high speeds and other dangerous conditions. don't treat me like im 4.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM

572 posts, read 1,613,534 times
Quote:
Quote:
you are absolutely no ****ing help. I know I was speeding, im not stupid. I have been driving for 3 years, I have multiple driving certificates, and know how to handle a vehicle at high speeds and other dangerous conditions. don't treat me like im 4.
You're 16 and you've been driving for 3 years?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
You're 16 and you've been driving for 3 years?
yupp. my mom works at blackwater usa, or "XE" and they threw me in a crown vic when I was just about to turn 14 and said, go. don't come back until you can handle the car. since then, I have taken courses and recieved my advanced highway safety certificate, defensive driving certificate, dangerous situation cert. and one or two others.

I know how to drive. Im not just some wreckless teen.

*EDIT* talked to my dad, I forgot to mention, I have a florida license, due to my dad being navy and me moving between here and there.

Last edited by CCHS; 02-16-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 11:42 PM

572 posts, read 1,613,534 times
When you say you've been driving for 3 years, most people are going to assume that you have had a drivers license and have been operating an automobile on public roads for that period of time which is impossible for a 14 year old. What you did was drive 3 years ago which is not the same as driving for 3 years. If you're 16 and got a ticket for 18 mph over the speed limit your insurance rates will probably triple if you get convicted. Hire an attorney and hope for the best. And slow down before you hurt yourself or somebody else. The most dangerous drivers on the road are drunks. Kids under the age of 18 are a close second.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 AM

30 posts, read 41,585 times
It´s very important to drive accordig to the conditions, not to drive the speed limit. If it rains eavily, do you still drive the speed limit 55 mph. Young drivers should according to conditions and not only obey the speed limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina