Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this thread be closed?
yes 27 71.05%
no 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:11 PM

26 posts, read 65,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme
I live in a CA coastal town that is known as this gorgeous celebrity haven where the median priced home is over 1.1 million dollars. Guess what? I have a guy who walks up and down my street all day selling corn from a cart and truck that drives by all day long honking a horn for people to come out and buy produce and other random stuff like piñatas. I have graffiti on every newspaper stand and street signs. Most of our classrooms are over 75% Hispanic with failing test scores. We had two different stabbings last week both around 3PM. You can no longer go to a public park because it is like little Mexico with people playing horrible music full blast and screaming kids. Oh my God - you can't even attempt to shop a K-mart or a Ross Dress For Less because it is torn apart from kids running around crazy. The sidewalks are mainly full of young mothers with cheap umbrella strollers pushing babies. The houses are full of multiple families and many now even live in garages. I could go on and on. I grew up here my whole life and it is getting worse each year. It is seriously hard to not become racist when you see the decline caused by one group. I can easily say it is one group because we really don't have an African American population or any other nationality besides Mexican and rich white people (poor white trash can't afford to live here). I have tons of educated Mexican American friends, but the people who have recently come here are not trying to adapt to our culture. When they were protesting the immigrant law last month they were mainly waiving Mexican flags or banners that said "Viva la Mexico" and "Brown Pride." What the f*ck? Then why are you here??? Yes, we are all immigrants, but the difference is they wanted to become American while retaining elements of their own culture inside the home and they mostly came over legally. I had to take countless "Chicano" studies courses in college and I had a professor who ranted about the disrespect he felt when his last name was incorrectly pronounced, but the idiot had no problem butchering my Italian last name. I also had to do a project in that class about my heritage and my grandma was insulted by the questions: what language do you speak, style of dress, food, etc. She yelled, AMERICAN! She said the minute they arrived here Italian was left inside the home and they quickly learned to assimilate. I think that is the main difference with Mexicans - they shout "Brown Pride" and want everything to be in Spanish. I think many of us in CA have just become very saturated and have seen a decline in our state by one minority group. I never thought of myself as a racist, but I have to say, it is becoming harder to embrace people coming over our borders mostly illegally. I have been warned it is happening in NC, but the way I look at it, the majority of Mexicans have so many kids, America as a whole is going to become more Mexican than Mexico itself in 20+ years. I don’t have any answers.
I feel your frustration and live it every day. Well said.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:58 PM

104 posts, read 144,922 times
"Speaking form a California view point, it's the Mexicans who brought the gangs to Los Angeles, go back to the 1930's, the blacks just copied the Mexicans"
Your post. That was my whole point, it's not the illegals. Not sure where in Riverside, you could be in Corona or even Norco.
Corona: 65% white/6% black/35% hispanic/cime:4&6 (not bad)
Norco: 86% white/6% black/21% hispanic/crime:3&5 (not bad)

Last edited by Skout; 05-17-2006 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-17-2006, 04:10 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,908 times
After watching the decline of CA. A state that was once beautiful and the envy of all other states, I say the following as a warning to everyone that is thinking that the current stampede from the south is a great thing.

First this is no immigration, this is an invasion. These people have no intention of assimilating they are here to work and send money home. This money they send home does not go back in to our economy, but is used to prop up their country.

Second, since they come from an impoverished area, they trash every area they invade. Every park, beach, or gathering point they flock to is now completely trashed. I have seen the women cleaning out dirty diapers at Lake Perris. PEOPLE ARE SWIMMING THERE!!! In the 70’s I use to go to Marine Land near Palos Verdes. Back then we use to go to the tide pools and they were pristine, with all kinds of wild life. Last time I was there in the 80’s it was a dump. Graffiti, trash, cans, bottles, all remnants of the Mexican culture. Not whites, not blacks, not Asian, but Mexicans. Go to any park, any weekend and just observe, wait until they leave, and look at all the trash. They even leave it next to trashcans, or easy walking distance to them, and they just throw it on the ground.

Now with the current debate in Congress over amnesty, the predictions are if it passes that there will be more than 100million more in the US in the next 20 years. THAT’S ONE THIRD OF THE CURRENT US POPULATION!!!!!! Even if these people intended to assimilate and become Americans there is no way we could assimilate that many people in that amount of time. There are Mexicans that have been her 30 years and don’t speak English, don’t intend to learn English and forget about assimilation.

These people that are supposedly doing jobs no one is willing to do are at the bottom of the gene pool in Mexico. They are Mexico’s underclass, uneducated, unskilled, cast outs. Mexico is unable to support them, so they drop them off on out door step and expect us to take care of them. And take care of them we do. They have free education, health care, welfare, and a system that allows them to live here with out any worry.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:37 PM

I still think the average person can't tell the difference between a illegal and a mexican. Thus, it becomes a generic term. When in fact there are tow different types.
Perris:
White: 46%
Black: 16%
Hispanic: 58%

What about the tickets handed out for DUI on the lake? More white people get DUI tickes than anyone! Lets not forget, that lake is a dump. HOW many times have they tried to clean it up?

Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,607,979 times
From everything I've read here, NC is a beautiful state, with a normal span of problems alongside its wonderful aspects. BUT, you don't have problems like where I live in Los Angeles, and I really hope you never do. Do you have foreign nationals spitting at Americans on the street as they do to me? Do you have a majority population that speaks little to no English and is steadiliy changing all signs into a foreign language with no English alongside it? Do you have a majority population of foreign nationals with zero interest in any aspect of American culture ever? I could on ad inifinitum, but, lastly, do you have billboard after billboard after billboard proclaiming the superiority of "La Raza" over all else? That, my friends, would be the equivalent of the Ku Klux Klan getting away with their message of hatred of all others but folks exactly like themselves, forever and with impunity. It's a xenophobic, sick paradigm for our American melting pot.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,607,979 times
Olive branch explanation: One of our neighborhood activists is also married to a Latina from Mexico (became a citizen, as he had earlier), and offered this insight: there is no cultural prohibition against littering and trashing in most of Mexico, since there's little in the way of trash disposal services. The two of them are quite saddened by the fact that the illegal population here is so very, very xenophobically insular, never even attempting to interact with any Americans, ignorant of all American laws and only taking in La Raza-based media, that they may have no idea that littering is also illegal here. They are also saddened that their nice middle class bedroom community in L.A. now mirrors a genuine third world slum, and that there's a whole new generation that can't tell the difference between legal entry to this country, as with virtually everyone from everywhere else for the last 150 years, and illegal immigration. In true Orwellian new-speak, all Los Angeles media only refer to "migrants," as if they might be moseying along, instead of illegal immigrants. Please NC, we're only pleading with you to wake up to certain realities by showing you the worst case scenario in action, Los Angeles. This will also explain why so many Californians have to leave their home of many decades, as do we, unless one likes living heartbroken in no English ever spoken slums that used to be nice, middle class areas of Americans from everywhere in the world, who appreciated being Americans. They are now gone from most of my city forever.

Last edited by fastfilm; 05-17-2006 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,908 times
Americans will put up with a lot of crap, but when enough of them get fed up then you will find out what it means to be an American.
In CA those in power were overly accommodating, and the people were powerless to oppose. Skout, maybe you opposed prop 187, maybe you have no idea what that was, but that was the first major attempt to change the open door policy that has been forced on American citizens.
Now this invasion has ballooned into a country wide problem and the giant is waking up, and he is angry my friend.

There is a right and wrong way to come to this country. Sneaking in is the wrong way. By coming here without the proper papers that person is relegated to low wage jobs for the rest of their stay here. That’s great for those employers that are exploiting them, but not for the Mexican. If I was a legal Mexican, as you said you can’t tell them apart, I would be angry that the illegal’s are causing me to have to accept a lower wage.

Last edited by RedNC; 05-17-2006 at 06:54 PM..

Old 05-17-2006, 07:25 PM

I think your missing my point. I never disagreed with what you said. All I am saying there is OTHER nationalities that do the same or are the same. What about Cerritos or City of industry. That went to the asians. No one complains. Look at how many "white" people left. Do you see any english speaking signs in these cities? Nope.

I am white, actually my grandfather was indian. My wife is a USA citizen and was born here. Her grandparents came here a long time ago from Mexico with a green card. Does it sadden us to see this. Yes. Again, point the finger in many directions, as it should.

If you complain about the Mexican's, then complain about the blacks on how they turned Fontana into a waste land or Rialto. Then the Asians for City of Industry or Cerritos or the White's in the high desert (now the blacks are moving there) See my point now?

Last edited by Skout; 05-17-2006 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 PM

10 posts, read 37,785 times
hi there, i read your post and am looking to relocate to a small town. I live in AZ> and am smack dab in the middle of what you are talking about with the illegals here. Sure you have heard the minuteman project,etc. Anyway, i wanted to write you a note to ask for info. on a small town community, within an hour drive of Charlotte, good schools, old farm homes with character. Not run down areas. Areas with acre ++ propertys.We have looked into Rockwell, Faith, Kings Mountain and even bigger towns like Concord and Mooresville. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thanks!
Michele

Old 05-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
More and more abusive and offensive posts are submitted here so I think it's a fine time to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina