Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 AM

459 posts, read 374,584 times

Advertisements

Stephen Malik, owner of the NCFC is ready to drop money on a new stadium in Downtown Raleigh. They could co-op a Downtown Raleigh mega-sports complex. Though a new site will probably have to be found. The old Cargill site for example. If the Canes stay in Raleigh. of course.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:13 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,036,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Stephen Malik, owner of the NCFC is ready to drop money on a new stadium in Downtown Raleigh. They could co-op a Downtown Raleigh mega-sports complex. Though a new site will probably have to be found. The old Cargill site for example. If the Canes stay in Raleigh. of course.
I really wish something was done with the Cargill site. Could you imagine all that space being developed in a way to better connect downtown to the rest of south Raleigh.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM

459 posts, read 374,584 times
Eventually something will happen to the Cargill site, in fact the whole of South Raleigh is ripe for an extreme make-over in the coming 30 years. Personally, I would like to see a foot and bike path connection City Plaza, over MLK Blvd (suspended bridge?) connecting to the future Dorothea Dix Park redesign and Farmer's Market. Possibly have the Farmer's Market redo to meet the growing rural craft market like our expanding dairy and cheese industry--beside the Farmer's Market doesn't look all that nice and it could be better integrated with the future DD Park. Maybe more pedestrian friendly with DD Park entrance and things like an underground cellar for storing cheeses and wines and a new food hall and better public transportation service.

Also, eventually, rich people will eventually want to not have Death Row in their backyard. So the Central Prison may eventually start looking for a new site 20 or 50 years down the line if an investor offers a very generous price for the land. That could fit something big there.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Eventually something will happen to the Cargill site, in fact the whole of South Raleigh is ripe for an extreme make-over in the coming 30 years. Personally, I would like to see a foot and bike path connection City Plaza, over MLK Blvd (suspended bridge?) connecting to the future Dorothea Dix Park redesign and Farmer's Market. Possibly have the Farmer's Market redo to meet the growing rural craft market like our expanding dairy and cheese industry--beside the Farmer's Market doesn't look all that nice and it could be better integrated with the future DD Park. Maybe more pedestrian friendly with DD Park entrance and things like an underground cellar for storing cheeses and wines and a new food hall and better public transportation service.

Also, eventually, rich people will eventually want to not have Death Row in their backyard. So the Central Prison may eventually start looking for a new site 20 or 50 years down the line if an investor offers a very generous price for the land. That could fit something big there.
Agreed. Wasnt there also talks of a shopping/hotels development where all that land is by the Red Roof Inn on south Saunders? Havent heard anything about it in awhile though.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:33 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,520,333 times
Raleigh – ORIGIN HOTEL

New Hotel coming to Glenwood South.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Raleigh – ORIGIN HOTEL

New Hotel coming to Glenwood South.
Sounds like a completely new boutique brand. I don't think any of the other locations they have in their website are even built yet. Pretty cool. Glenwood South continuing to be one of the best spots in downtown.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:57 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,520,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Sounds like a completely new boutique brand. I don't think any of the other locations they have in their website are even built yet. Pretty cool. Glenwood South continuing to be one of the best spots in downtown.

Details emerge about hotel in One Glenwood project being built in Raleigh | News & Observer
A little more info on Origin Hotel.

Also there seems to be even more activity in the Warehouse District than I was aware of. The article mentions another possible hotel proposal next to Union Station.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 PM

6,164 posts, read 7,242,533 times
Rendering of the Westin Greensboro. The 11-story hotel will sit atop a 6 story parking deck that will have streel level retail and restaurants. It was designed by CJMW Architecture of Winston-Salem.

Office building scheduled to open next year overlooking Greensboro's downtown ballpark.

8-story parking deck planned across the street from Greensboro's ballpark and ballpark tower. Roy Carroll plans to build a 20-story mixed-use tower with an Aloft hotel on top of the deck. The deck will also have street level retail and restaurants.

Hyatt Place hotel / Carroll at Bellemeade apartments in downtown Greensboro. This hotel sits on the opposite corner of the planned 8 story deck and the ballpark office building.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-12-2017 at 07:10 PM..

Old 12-12-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Details emerge about hotel in One Glenwood project being built in Raleigh | News & Observer
A little more info on Origin Hotel.

Also there seems to be even more activity in the Warehouse District than I was aware of. The article mentions another possible hotel proposal next to Union Station.
Yes I believe I remember hearing something about that on another forum. I can’t remember the exact location but I know the developers were requesting a rezoning of the parcel for 12stories. I think it’s the lot directly next to Crank Arm Brewery.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:35 PM

I really like what they wanna do with the parking deck for the Westin. Aesthetically it’s very pleasing and adds that ground floor street presence that will continue to make downtown Greensboro feel active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina