Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 07:57 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
There's simply no point in linking to a site that locked for 99.99% of the population. Obviously you can continue to do it. It just isn't helpful; there are virtually always more accessible sources to which links can be provided.
Right and I will for the reasons already given if that's the only link I have. If you would like to provide further detail from more helpful links after the fact, then you can obviously continue to do it as well.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:59 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,647,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Right and I will for the reasons already given if that's the only link I have. If you would like to provide further detail from more helpful links after the fact, then you can obviously continue to do it as well.
Its easy enough to find a more accessible link. Don't expect everyone else to clean up after you.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Its easy enough to find a more accessible link. Don't expect everyone else to clean up after you.
?? I don't remember asking you or anyone else to cean up anything? As a matter of fact I think I said "IF you would LIKE to provide further detail you can." I would think a good amount of people don't need to read the full article, it's just nice to hear the news of more jobs and development. So that's what I provided. With the source from where I heard it. If they want to know more and either aren't subscribed to TBJ or don't know how to cheat the paywall then they likely will find one of the easily accessible links you mentioned that will provide them with that further detail. Or you can follow up or post first or whatever you want to do. There will be no expectation on my end pal lol.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:30 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,647,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
?? I don't remember asking you or anyone else to cean up anything? As a matter of fact I think I said "IF you would LIKE to provide further detail you can." I would think a good amount of people don't need to read the full article, it's just nice to hear the news of more jobs and development. So that's what I provided. With the source from where I heard it. If they want to know more and either aren't subscribed to TBJ or don't know how to cheat the paywall then they likely will find one of the easily accessible links you mentioned that will provide them with that further detail. Or you can follow up or post first or whatever you want to do. There will be no expectation on my end pal lol.
I disagree. Thats a dumb concept. The whole concept of this forum is to provide and exchange higher levels of information.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Thats a dumb concept. The whole concept of this forum is to provide and exchange higher levels of information.
Well that's completely fine if you feel that way. Some may agree and some not. You have been the first to complain that I posted a paywall article. But for the sanity of you and those that require an exchange of higher levels of information, you might have to be the savior and provide that? I can't promise I will post a whole article of news. Sometimes it will be a brief summary and a paywall link. Sorry

Old 09-20-2019, 06:03 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,443,458 times
[b]Charlotte Office Report – Summer 2019[/B

Roughly 14,000 office-using jobs were added in the metro in the 12 months ending in May. The professional and business services sector gained 11,100 new jobs as Dentsply, Lending Tree and other service-based companies expanded their presence in the metro. Bank of America, AXA and ServiceMac’s growing footprint also contributed to the financial activities sector’s growth (2,100 new jobs). Coworking continues to gain popularity in the metro’s urban submarkets. Large operators such as WeWork and Spaces dominate the landscape, while smaller local players like Hygge and CoCoTiv have a niche approach to the business, diversifying and enhancing the sector’s presence.

Demand for quality buildings close to the urban core remains high. Some 3.8 million square feet was under construction throughout the metro as of June.

As the city’s economy continues to flourish, investors are taking note. This year’s transaction volume exceeded $855 million through July, with no signs of slowing, Yardi Matrix shows.
1 month ago
Spectrum Breaks Ground on 577 KSF Charlotte Project

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/cha...t-summer-2019/

Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,876,759 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...egmans-as.html
Quote:
Newly named and with work set to begin soon, plans are coming into focus for the Wegmans-anchored development in Wake Forest as developers look to design the town's latest mixed-use development
Dang I think Wegmans has been more aggressive than publix when it comes to adding locations in the Triangle.

Raleigh location will be opening next week, 2 planned for Cary, 1 for Holly Springs, 1 for Chapel Hill, and Now this one.
Attached Thumbnails
North Carolina development thread.-wakeforestwegmans.png   North Carolina development thread.-wakeforestwegmans2.png  

Old 09-20-2019, 06:18 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,876,759 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...ity-place.html
Attached Thumbnails
North Carolina development thread.-chapel-hill-mall.png  

Old 09-20-2019, 06:22 AM

3,087 posts, read 4,867,939 times
Wilmington has received a proposal from East West Partners to redevelop 4 city owned lots next to the PPD corporate headquarters in Downtown Wilmington....

https://www.wect.com/2019/09/19/rive...wn-wilmington/

This is highly likely to happen and will continue the transformation of the 3rd St corridor. This is considered the "Gateway Project" because it is the drop off point of the Isabel Holmes bridge and MLK Parkway into the Northside of Downtown Wilmington.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:13 PM

6,162 posts, read 7,237,827 times
Took better photos today of Project Slugger in downtown Greensboro and there is definitely digging activity on the 8 story parking deck site across the street where Roy Carroll's 20 story office tower, 9 story Aloft hotel and 6 story apartments are going.

Parking deck site across the street. Carroll's highrise development will wrap around the deck.

Artist rendering of baseball themed crosswalk at the intersection. The intersection will resemble a baseball field and have statues of baseball players at each base including a statue of the former mascot dog Yogi.

In less than a year, Project Slugger will look like this from the stadium seating.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina