Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,532,089 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of what goes on with people is what they are surrounded by when they are growing up.. I do know that this may not always be the case. I know that sometimes someone may just be 'wired' wrong... who knows, really...

Children Learn What They Live -- Complete version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 06:01 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,084,172 times
Its easy some people are just born evil to even more evil. These people would normally work for the government, mob, the church, or become corporate executives. They are also the people most capable of abusing women or little children.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:45 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,887,840 times
Default What drives people to do terrible things?

I think that there are alot of factors that could possibly make a person go nuts and do bad things. I also think that a person can be born with a "loose connection" and be a bad person. I think I have an example of the whole package that contains a sad story about a little boy who is now in prision as an adult for murder.

When I lived in Maine, my son's cousin use to come to play with my son a lot. He was kind of a mischevious sort of child..nothing major but almost always in trouble. One day, when I went to pick him up for a play day with my son, I heard him screaming and crying in the back part of his house..no Mom around. I went in and saw her BEATING him and all he had on were his briefs. I grabbed her arm and pulled her off him and told her that if she EVER were to hit him like this again I would call the local sheriff and I would get custody of this child...he was probably 6 at that time. She told me that he had peed in his pants...YA THINK?? If this is the treatment he was getting...I wasn't surprised.

As the years went by, I noticed more and more that this child was doing meaner and meaner things. He use to take sharp objects and gouge my inlaws furniture then tell his Grandmother than my son did it. He held his platinum-haired cousin down and squeezed mustard into his hair...he took the skin off a frog and tossed it back into the river..thought it was funny.

My son and I moved away from Maine when my son was 11 and his cousin 12. Years passed and we kept in touch but really didn't see this cousin again. When my son was 18 and his cousin 19, we hear that the old guy living across the street from our old house had been murdered...stabbed repeatedly and that this cousin was under arrest. My heart dropped. I instantly thought about all the beatings, all the screaming and yelling his Mom did...his horrid homelife...and I cried.

This cousin has been in states prison since this time and will be imprisoned for the rest of his life. Do I think it was his homelife...partially but I also think he was born with a "disconnect" and born to a horrible Mom as well.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:56 AM

9,229 posts, read 16,621,275 times
I think it's easy to give in to evil. Infidelity, anger....we struggle to fight temptation on a daily basis.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:17 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,357,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Its easy some people are just born evil to even more evil. These people would normally work for the government, mob, the church, or become corporate executives. They are also the people most capable of abusing women or little children.
WTH???? Why would working for the Government, the Church or being high up in a Corporation be an indication of evil? From what I've seen on the news, the ones killing their kids or shooting up a workplace are usually misfits, out of work, and certainly never high up in any job, corporate or otherwise.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,454,444 times
This question is way beyond me.

I'll say this. We are all born with good attributes and bad attributes. And a few of us are born with seriously defective wiring. But most of us could go either way. And parenting, more than anything has a lot to do with it. Because your parents teach you the difference between wrong and right, self control, and consideration for others.

That's why I hate it when I hear of a family breaking up, just like our next door neighbors. The father, five days before Christmas, up and decided he just didn't want to be a husband and father anymore. His wife and two sons have been devastated by this. The boys, good kids both, have had their world turned upside down. I mean, how do you tell a nine- and twelve-year-old that you just don't want to be around them anymore?

So if you're a parent, you really need to understand that how you live your life and how you raise your children will affect how they will grow up and see the world--and their role in it.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:58 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,132,361 times
I don't think he is talking about those types of people who just go insane and become very violent.

He is talking about interpersonal evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
WTH???? Why would working for the Government, the Church or being high up in a Corporation be an indication of evil? From what I've seen on the news, the ones killing their kids or shooting up a workplace are usually misfits, out of work, and certainly never high up in any job, corporate or otherwise.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:35 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,056,712 times
I think some are born imbalanced and some are a product of their environment.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:39 PM

52,637 posts, read 53,214,805 times
I often wonder if it is just mother natures way of trying to thin the heard, so to speak. We don't have any kind of "predator' to keep our population under control.

People with loose wiring and being trapped in our own mostly self created problems is what "thins" us down.

Maybe???

Old 04-05-2009, 03:47 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,412,771 times
I think everybody has a really bad evil side. But it shows on some people more than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships