Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:09 AM

29,064 posts, read 30,558,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
This year I have been running into many people from my past I would have hoped to never see ever again. These were a odd combination of old bosses, evil coworkers, old girl friends, distant relatives and bad neighbors. I have also ran into old friends who turned evil but keep calling me to get together and I would never return their phone messages.

Have you ever ran when you spotted one of those evil people from your past in a public place or were forced into an difficult small talk session when you run into people unexpectedly? Tell us your story!

If I would, I'd try my best to ignore them, or just walk away. I wouldn't run, just turn and walk the other way, even if they saw me. If someone is that evil, as you say, then I would avoid them, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,182,492 times
Over the summer I ran into a guy I dated around 10 years ago. He dumped me and then immediately started dating an athletic girl (I was a little chubby at the time). Imagine his surprise when we bumped into each other and he saw that i had lost weight since then. BTW, it looked like he had gained around 50 lbs.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,140,303 times
Don't tell tales Amanda we all know you are the one who really gained the 50 lbs. Good story though

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Over the summer I ran into a guy I dated around 10 years ago. He dumped me and then immediately started dating an athletic girl (I was a little chubby at the time). Imagine his surprise when we bumped into each other and he saw that i had lost weight since then. BTW, it looked like he had gained around 50 lbs.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,182,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Don't tell tales Amanda we all know you are the one who really gained the 50 lbs. Good story though
You're right. I just hide it well under my skinny suit

Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,539 posts, read 6,369,310 times
Yes I do. Quite often lately. I usually ignore them. If they leave me alone then all is fine. If they start something then I cant be held respnsible for what happens to them.

I used to be nice but too many encounters with nasty peeps has severly bent my nice and I think my give a sh*t is broken. .

Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM

I'm glad you agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You're right. I just hide it well under my skinny suit

Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,084,636 times
I am a nice person. I won't let an evil person ruin my niceness. I don't want to write too much because some of you here just might be the evil people I truly hate.
The best thing is to just ignore and walk away. If that person is gives you a predatory look. Than the best thing is to walk in front of him or her to just p o him or her. After all they are the problem not you.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:34 PM

Yugh I hate the "predatory look"......so irritating. My roommate used to give that look to me...at random times too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I am a nice person. I won't let an evil person ruin my niceness. I don't want to write too much because some of you here just might be the evil people I truly hate.
The best thing is to just ignore and walk away. If that person is gives you a predatory look. Than the best thing is to walk in front of him or her to just p o him or her. After all they are the problem not you.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,031 times
Default hey

hi,

Omygosh what a topic conversation love these lol.Anyways,today I saw someone I use to have a crush on but now my x friend is married to him.
So I was just like oh god thats him and so mom and I wen't to another part of the stored and he looked at me so we just left.Those people don't deserve a hello from me lol.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 AM

165 posts, read 604,051 times
I am a foreigner living in Hangzhou, China. I have lived here for 8 plus years.

The foreign community is small, so I know some people and some know me. There is this one guy who is a friend of a friend, who I would love to kick his ass. For some reason, he has never liked me, is creepy and always looks down on me (why, I don't know.) Unfortunately, I see this ***** occasionally. The last time was Saturday when I was going through the bar with him saying "Hi" to me and shaking my hand. Why he does this is beyond me since he is so condensending.

There are a few people from back home to whom I would kill if I could get away with the crime. However, my life is worth too much to me now to spend it in prison or a death row or whatever.

My rule is to always avoid joining groups and organizations. I have done this growing up in the past and it always bit me back hard. Boy Scouts, wrestling team, church, peer groups, I have never fit in, and there always seems to be some ass who wants to run things or bullies people out. I have always disliked work and school because it requires me to involuntarily be around people I would not associate with. It is not that I hate people, I do have friends and am happily married. It is just the case of me slowly getting to know someone. If they are bad news, I can quickly get out. That was my problem when I first came to China, I decided to change my routine and be open and meet people. By and large a mistake. It is better not to be known or know than be disliked or hated, and having feeelings of pain and revenge. The human race isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships