Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 04:16 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,676,974 times

Advertisements

Wow, does nobody have a sense of humor? How about giving her a big grin and saying, "Let's get naked and I'll let you know?" Then there's always pretty smart, pretty sweet, or if you want to get rid of her, pretty stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 PM

583 posts, read 712,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Asking casually any men you meet if they think you are pretty is in fact kind of weird. I would not advise a woman to do it, it reeks of low self esteem. I can't recall the last time a woman has asked me if she were attractive to my eyes or not.
I'm not talking about casually asking anyone. I'm talking about someone you have gotten comfortable talking to after a while.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:54 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,221 times
It's a normal feminine behavior now getting forgotten in the USA. Probably not appropriate for very formal environments, but good for friendly ones. Men, open your eyes, there still are many beautiful women around, go encourage them to stay this way! Dames, don't be jealous. If you don't have a nerve to ask it, go back to your dressing room and change your clothes, hairdo, makeup or all of them together.
And, the question was about whether or not men mean "no you aren't" when they answer "that she's "nice looking", instead of "Yes, you're pretty"", or are they just scared to admit that she is because of potential harassment accusations (obviously from others, not from the woman who asked).

Old 07-16-2015, 06:03 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,921,731 times
hey dear ,do these jeans make my butt look big ?
What was the look you were going for, sweet heart ?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:36 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,483,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
I personally think it's weird, but I hear that it it happens a lot. If a woman asks a guy if he think she is pretty and he tells her that she's "nice looking", instead of "Yes, you're pretty", is he indicating something else? They say guys are simple, and not complicated. If they were so simple, why dodge such question? That's what I want to understand.
Men have been trained very hard against sexual harassment, and it is drilled into them to a point they are afraid to say much.

Now, If it is his fiancee, or wife, they have more problems than can be solved here!

*sigh*

Old 07-16-2015, 10:05 PM

4,200 posts, read 4,451,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
Ok so what is the difference between "nice looking" and "pretty"? When it comes to describing a woman?
My definitions
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post33155288

Most every way to ask is a recipe for disaster unless it is two people who know each other and its done in a playful teasing way - as in, the woman knows the man has vested interest in you and it is done to prompt foreplay.

Woman: "Am I pretty?" with a flirtful gaze
Man (in a preposterous French or Euro accent): "You are more than pretty you are a cornucopia of fruitful delight and now I vant to consume you" (low growling sounds emitted)

Sort of like the inspiration for Warner Brothers "Pepe le pew" character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYN27_JDDMU

Old 07-17-2015, 08:02 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Man (in a preposterous French or Euro accent): "You are more than pretty you are a cornucopia of fruitful delight and now I vant to consume you" (low growling sounds emitted)
I've got to use that one! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships