Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:47 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,364,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
The thing you have to remember, these people are giving you THEIR version of stories...

"People constantly stop speaking to me after I thought we were good friends" is their version of "well I constantly use people then they get sick of me."

I used to be like you, bending over backwards for "friends." Only to be in a time of need and have nobody to help me. One day a friend of mine called me, her car was dead and she was nearby, I came, checked her battery, went to the store, charged her battery, and brought it back for her, she said thanks, took off, and said she'd call. Never heard from her until she needed something again, this time I was like "oh nope sorry can't good luck!" Forget that!

Once I told myself that if I ever hesitated the answer was no. If I ever had to think about it, the answer was most likely no, if I felt uneasy, the answer was no.

Once I started asking the myself "what about ME?" my life turned around. I dropped all my old friends except for a handful of the good people and I made NEW friends. I joined meetup.com and made so many friends, joined a book club, a meditation group, etc, and then now I run a book club of my own and I LOVE IT
Oh my gosh! That woman actually said that about more than one person she was friends with. Now she has me to add to the list of people who have "wronged" her. She has asked me to get together a couple of times since I posted. I have been strong and too busy. I just cannot put myself in the position to be hurt again. I still am having a hard time with all the things she has said to me and the way I have allowed myself to be treated by her. I would rather have no friends than a "friend" like her.

I think it is good that you are doing so great and making real friends and I love the way you know that if you hesitate to answer someone in "need" you know that your answer will most likely be "no".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 04:14 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Oh my gosh! That woman actually said that about more than one person she was friends with. Now she has me to add to the list of people who have "wronged" her. She has asked me to get together a couple of times since I posted. I have been strong and too busy. I just cannot put myself in the position to be hurt again. I still am having a hard time with all the things she has said to me and the way I have allowed myself to be treated by her. I would rather have no friends than a "friend" like her.

I think it is good that you are doing so great and making real friends and I love the way you know that if you hesitate to answer someone in "need" you know that your answer will most likely be "no".

At his point I'd just block her number. Sounds like she's trying to wear you down. If you block her you won't get all these calls from her that it appears are upsetting you.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,023,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
Yes, I have the most amazing friends now, and the ones who over time act in a way that I think is inappropriate I just distance myself from.

Example, my husband was hospitalized last March, not only did I have my husband in the hospital, but I had a 7 month old. My mom and MIL helped out a lot so I could be at the hospital with my husband. I literally was at the hospital from the time I woke up until the evening, then I'd go home and take care of my son, go to bed, then do it all again. That weekend when my husband came home, my friends came over and cleaned my home and offered to take my laundry too. It was so sweet of them!

I agree block her number, don't even respond anymore. People like her will know you figured out her game.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:30 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,364,490 times
OK. I will.
Thanks again.
(And you have some wonderful friends and I am sure you would do the same for them if and when they need you. Like I said this woman wouldn't pee on me if I was on fire.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:18 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,775 times
[quote=rosebyanothername;40495909]OK. I will.
Thanks again.
(And you have some wonderful friends and I am sure you would do the same for them if and when they need you. Like I said this woman wouldn't pee on me if I was on fire.[/QUOTE

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships