Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 01:04 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And some people have no common sense. The boyfriend had to go over right away and get "chummy", found out quickly these weren't the kind of people you would want to associate with and what does he do, gives out his phone number. Brilliant.

This is why you can go over and introduce yourself when you see a new neighbor outside and talk briefly and see if down the road either one of you have anything in common or there is any interest other than just waving hello and goodbye.

I'm all for knowing and saying hello to neighbors, doesn't mean you have to going to each other's houses and socializing.

You don't go into their house right away, find out a large number of people live there who are unseemly and than give them your phone number, which indicates you want contact with them....ugh. Rather you excuse yourself as soon as possible, realize you made a mistake and inform you other half as to what you found and that we need to avoid these people.

And who buys a house and doesn't drive through the area a few times at different times to see what and who is living around you. Ten people in one house is a red flag.

Sounds like these meth heads spend a lot of time hanging outside, how do you miss that when house hunting?

Yes, because that's what DEA does, you call them up an invite them to BBQs so they intimidate the people next door. Same thing with the local law enforcement.
I see no reason for your personal attacks towards the OP and myself. It's uncalled for.

I lived next door to some druggies who moved into what was a nice area and I invited the police over in the manner I described to raise awareness that local law enforcement was familiar with the area. After one visit, the home owner put the house on the market and sold out quickly and wonderful neighbors moved into the place. I was told by a neighbor one of the druggies said to him, "This place isn't safe for us anymore, cops all over the place". Some people have no choice and buy only what they can afford. I'm posting so the OP understands they did nothing wrong to cause the problem. Your personal attacks are not helpful on a forum. Don't bother replying to my posts, because I ignore trolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 05:39 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Find your local Biker Gang and invite them over for a BBQ... Then let's see how long these idiots stand there and demand food or talk about anyone....

Or report them to the Secret Service as making threats against the president....

Or get a portable air horn and blast it every time they say something...

Or just blast Eminem or Snoop Dog every time they stand at the fence or open their mouths when you are in the backyard.....

Or, and here's my fave, throw a flash bang in their vicinity.... And then run....

A lot of great suggestions, SoCalCpl! I also liked Murk's idea of a sprinkler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships