Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:44 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,799,578 times

Advertisements

Back when I was a business executive for a very large employer that lots of people wanted to work in, I was used a lot by "so called friends," relatives, neighbors and coworkers. I had lots of authority and clout in the hiring process. At one time I was responsible for staffing a huge government contract, which offered lots of very high paying job.

As soon as the word got out that I was in a position to help people get a job and move ahead in their career lots of people I knew who previously did not give me the time of day acted like we were best friends and they did what they could to get on my good side. Pretty women would flirt with me, men would act all buddy buddy, and I got lots of attention.

I was too naïve at that time to realize that they did not like me but instead liked what I could do for them.

Have you been used often by people, tell us your stories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 12:56 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,777,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Pretty women would flirt with me
did you bang any of them?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Quote:
Back when I was a business executive for a very large employer that lots of people wanted to work in, I was used a lot by "so called friends," relatives, neighbors and coworkers. I had lots of authority and clout in the hiring process. At one time I was responsible for staffing a huge government contract, which offered lots of very high paying job.

As soon as the word got out that I was in a position to help people get a job and move ahead in their career lots of people I knew who previously did not give me the time of day acted like we were best friends and they did what they could to get on my good side. Pretty women would flirt with me, men would act all buddy buddy, and I got lots of attention.

I was too naïve at that time to realize that they did not like me but instead liked what I could do for them.
Really? People you barely knew were suddenly asking you for jobs and you claim to have no idea they weren't just being friendly to you for the hell of it?

This is story is nonsensical.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:48 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,517,025 times
That's called networking

Old 02-22-2014, 02:50 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
you have grasped the entire management sop.
now knowing that go out and get some hard skills learn a trade and make them pay for your services instead of playing fetch and roll over with the managers.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,777,008 times
Quote:

I think you took advantage of these poor people's desperate need for employment by trying to force them into friendships with you. so they played along out of desperation and then when you didn't hold a job over them anymore, now you are angry that they wont be friends with you anymore.

so did you bang any of the girls? guys?

Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,029,175 times
I'm glad you're retired now.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,851,954 times
I have "used" people to get jobs before. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, it would be downright stupid to not do so.

On the flip side, if I had the power to get someone a job, I'd do so even if we weren't BFFs or whatever. Why not? It's a professional courtesy.

It's a dog eat dog world out there, and we're all just trying to make a living.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I think you took advantage of these poor people's desperate need for employment by trying to force them into friendships with you. so they played along out of desperation and then when you didn't hold a job over them anymore, now you are angry that they wont be friends with you anymore.

so did you bang any of the girls? guys?
This made me laugh so hard

Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 AM

54 posts, read 107,220 times
Quote:

Um not exactly. But I totally would if given the opportunity. All my friends are poe folke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships