Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times

Advertisements

If someone did that to me it would probably be because we were already have major issues so wouldn't exactly be a surprise or a disaster. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,379 times
Ive unfriended people and they have done it to me. No big deal . I once unfriended someone cause he was a blowhard Repbulican. Another one unfriended me cause i didnt call her when she asked. Right and my wife would be ok with that.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,490 times
couldnt care less. have a nice life

i love when fb idiots publicly announce that they are doing friend deletions. LOL so edgy and cool you must have such a fulfilling life that you feel the need to post that so people that are desperate enough will beg you not to delete them! someone has too much time on their hands.

let me save you the time....ill unfriend you myself

Old 11-05-2013, 12:45 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Yes and I do get upset to some extent. My one aunt unfriended me after I told her I would never date a man with kids and a former coworker unfriended me after I talked about the politician who made me lose my one job. My ex boyfriend unfriended me after we broke up. The only person I unfriended was someone who claimed to be a high school classmates (though I didn't recognize the name)and proceeded to post photos of her in skimpy outfits.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:50 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
couldnt care less. have a nice life

i love when fb idiots publicly announce that they are doing friend deletions. LOL so edgy and cool you must have such a fulfilling life that you feel the need to post that so people that are desperate enough will beg you not to delete them! someone has too much time on their hands.

let me save you the time....ill unfriend you myself
Yeah, really. "Today I'm going to go through and unfriend people who don't talk to me. If you see this next status, you're still my friend!" Fantastic! I was really worried you'd delete me. Not.

I used to have a policy of unfriending only if someone started harassing me on my page. I also added most people who requested me because I felt bad denying them and assumed maybe they met me before and I didn't remember. I've sort of changed that, though, especially because most profiles that add me are spam profiles. I have deleted people for saying racist and intolerant things too, even if it wasn't on my page.

It helps that I have 800+ friends (!) so I usually don't notice if I get unfriended. Of course, there are a lot of drawbacks to having that many people on FB. The last person I noticed who unfriended me was my former roommate and I knew she hated me anyway. It wasn't a huge surprise.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,752,886 times
doubt I'd notice for the first couple months....I have all these friends an hardly any one talks to me. If I see more than six or seven of them in real life in a year I consider it quite a rare event.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
Sometimes I notice my number of friends has decreased. Most of the time I don't give it another thought. If people ask, and I know them, I will friend them. I don't really interact with many of them so I don't generally notice who is missing (and I don't have 100's of friends.)

A couple family members left FB so they disappeared. One person, a friend to my entire family, unfriended me and my kids. I'm still not sure why he did this. It's just weird as he was some one that has known our kids since infancy, been on vacations with us, and worked with my H for many years. That one kind of bothered me, but he also stopped answering emails and phone calls too before that. It's an odd situation.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:27 PM

52 posts, read 137,060 times
I usually don't even notice. FB is not important enough for me to watch like a hawk.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:11 PM

317 posts, read 474,688 times
It doesn't bother me. Facebook "friending" has very little in common with being a true friend in real life. I'd say the Facebook "friends list" is more of an address book than anything else.

Others may come and go, but the ten or so people I love and am close to in real life would never delete me, and if they ever did, I'd know why. And that's all that matters to me!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,142,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Never happened.

I am selective with who I am friends with in the first place.
Same here. Not everyone from my school or college deserves to be on my Facebook list.
And even if someone un-friends me, I would not even come to know of it, as I access FB once in two months on an average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships