Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 04:51 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,112,932 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't feel a thing. In fact I've refused several friends that are on FB, to join. I think FB is a ridiculous site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 04:55 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,881,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I was un-friended by someone who didn't approve of my marriage equality profile picture. I wasn't hurt, just surprised. I expressed my surprise on my wall.

I was amazed at the number of conservative friends who indicated that, although they did not share my opinion, they were horrified that anyone would un-friend me over it. When it came to allowing me to have my opinion - my biggest opponents were my biggest ally.
Good. You don't need people like that in your life.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM

74 posts, read 142,917 times
I wouldn't let it get to me, and if I did see them I would not approach them. Life's too short to worry about the little things.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:36 PM

9,399 posts, read 6,523,427 times
I wouldn't care. Facebook is not real life.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,846,052 times
I barely notice. The one time I did notice, I was kinda glad. LOL

Old 11-04-2013, 07:27 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,706,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
If I ever did notice, I would just assume they were "weeding out" their friends list and getting rid of people who don't respond to their Candy Crush invitations or gush over how cute their kids' pictures are every other day {shrug}
Yes, this happened to me with one woman from work. She originally invited me. I gave her a few compliments on her kiddie pictures. Then one day hovering over my cubicle at work she asked me if I saw all her new kiddie uploads and was pretty much fishing for more facebook compliments. When I didn't feed the beast, I got the unfriend. Big sigh of relief.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,669,288 times
I'm on facebook quite a bit. If they want to unfriend me, have at it! Don't know why make a big deal out of it. it's their page, they can keep or unfriend who they want.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,182,511 times
I wouldn't care at all. I routinely go through my list and try to keep it as small as possible, and just keep the people I actually interact with.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,263,352 times
Relieved. One less hypersensitive person in my life to worry about potentially offending, as usually that's the reason people do it. For example, I once had this blog buddy on my list. Well, she knows how I feel about hunting. Yet she added me. And then she got bent when I posted an article about how disgusted I was about wolves being shot in national parks. I believe my comment was, "What kind of ahole shoots a wolf?" Turns out her husband was that kind of ahole. OOPS.

Well, crikey, if you know me well enough to friend me on there (because we know each other enough for me to trust you with my real name and access to see who my family, friends, and former coworkers are), you know me well enough to know a) what I do for a living, b) where I stand politically, c) how I feel about things that are important to me, and d) that I have opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with me--heck, I love nothing more than to see a debate break out on my wall now and then because my friends generally are not jerks to each other even when they don't know each other and don't agree--but if you're going to get bent and nasty about what I say on my own wall, which I consider to be my cyber living room, after you've been reading a blog of mine since before there even was a Facebook, then it's better that you go away.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,608,029 times
Meh whatever.

I remove people pretty regularly. Its not personal. Too many people take it too seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships