Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 03:33 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,440,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I probably wouldn't notice honestly. I never look to see how many friends I have. If I did notice I wouldn't care.
Same here, never really noticed when it happened. In fact, I was usually the one un-friending, slowly by slowly. Until I got rid of fb altogether
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 03:36 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,314,820 times
It has happened to me but it was not something I took offense about. One was my son in law but he just deleted his account because he thouht it was a waste of time and didn't enjoy it. One was by a young man who when he was in hs asked to be freinds but I thought it was more like to add numbers to his friends list then wanting to be freinds which I didn't care. Now that he is out of school I think he was weeding out his freinds list. Again it is no big deal.

I really wish I could cut my friends list and just keep it family. Maybe he/she was just cutting down their list. I don't delete I just put them on my hide list.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,854,777 times
I don't care. I unfriend people quite a bit so I understand.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,970,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WmMeeker View Post
I would be deeply unhappy and hurt. I don't give any of them a reason to unfriend me but last year an old high school classmate did for some reason. I think maybe because he is a detective and I said something about the police killling people's pet dogs unnecessarily. Will I speak to him at the next reunion? I don't know. We will see how it goes.
I wouldn't take it personally. When was the last time you had contact with that person before friending on Facebook?

I know when I started facebook I got all kinds of requests from old high school friends. Because they saw me through two friends I'm still very close to. Same with college people. I friended them at the time but later thought, "I frankly hadn't thought about these people in years and don't really care about what they eat for dinner, etc. Why have them as friends on facebook?" and I went through and deleted a bunch of people. If I didn't care about seeing them in real life I frankly didn't have the need to be friends with them on social media.

I pretty much keep facebook to family as we live away from most of them, and very close friends.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,963,730 times
Facebook ""friends" are not always real life friends. So IMO unfriending each other is bound to happen. When I was on F/B I had 300 friends, only 40 of whom were real friends the other 240 can kick rocks!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,164,767 times
I don't care. I am only on FB sporadically. I think sometimes people take FB way too personally and seriously.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:00 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,787,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
When you notice that a friend has unfriended you from FaceBook, how do you feel about it?

When you see the person in real life afterward, would you still talk to them or just avoid them? I imagine that it must be awkward.

Feel free to share any anecdotes or PM me
I feel perfectly fine... mainly because I don't use Facebook. :-P

I did once use Facebook... and if ever someone unfriended me, I never really asked why... just figured he/she purged his/her account.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM

24,552 posts, read 26,111,018 times
My #3son unfriened me when I told him his political posts where imbarassing the family name. Told him if he didn't stop his inheritance was in jeopardy.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:37 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,552,632 times
I was un-friended by someone who didn't approve of my marriage equality profile picture. I wasn't hurt, just surprised. I expressed my surprise on my wall.

I was amazed at the number of conservative friends who indicated that, although they did not share my opinion, they were horrified that anyone would un-friend me over it. When it came to allowing me to have my opinion - my biggest opponents were my biggest ally.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:44 PM

50,443 posts, read 64,273,051 times
If I unfriended someone, it would not be personal. I don't really understand how facebook works, so I might defriend someone just so I don't need a constant stream of news about their cousin's boyfriend's next door neighbor's brother's girlfriend's whoever.......etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships