Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:25 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,959,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Merry Christmas.....you're fired!
Stop jinxing me! I have a family to feed.

Should I address the fact that they went behind my back or would it be wise to leave it alone. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 AM

9,123 posts, read 6,338,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Should I address the fact that they went behind my back or would it be wise to leave it alone. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells!
I'm sorry to say this but you lied to get the job. You now have a complex web of statements that you need to keep straight in order to keep your co-workers, boss and direct reports from finding out the truth. Furthermore a good and productive employer/employee relationship is built on trust and lying destroys trust. I would plan for the worst case scenario if I was you.

As for your direct reports, I would forget about the fact that they went behind your back. You need to move forward in the most positive way from here on out to salvage any shred of credibility you have left with this employer. You are in a very precarious position right now and if any of your direct reports decided to target you for revenge, it would not end well for you. They would win and you will be fired.

Last edited by AtkinsonDan; 09-22-2013 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-22-2013, 09:39 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,282,366 times
The fact that you are on a message board asking strangers what to do is evidence that you lack people skills. Like it or not, that matters as much if not more than technical skills in the workplace.

Your employees did not come to you because they do not like you. And, it appears that the feeling is mutual. In fact, I bet the very thing out of their mouths when speaking to the boss was, "I know that I am breaking protocol, but I feel as if I just can't talk to angrymillionaire about this."

I don't know how old you are, but all this talk of someone jinxing you and asking us for advice on a simple issue smacks of immaturity.

No, you don't confront them. That will make things worse.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:45 AM

9,123 posts, read 6,338,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I don't know how old you are, but all this talk of someone jinxing you and asking us for advice on a simple issue smacks of immaturity.
She could be any age really. Older workers can be immature if they never learned how to be mature.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 AM

50,882 posts, read 36,563,313 times
You can't reprimand your employees for going to your boss, after all they had a complaint about YOU, so of course they are going to go to someone who can do something about it. I DO think you should speak to them and actually find out from them where you are not communicating effectively. Do not argue or get defensive! This is not a game, this is about you not doing a good job, so you need to find out where your skills need improvement and improve them. I don't think reading some books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People" could hurt, either, neither could joining Toastmasters or another group to help you develop effective communication skills.

I also agree with those who say you need to change your attitude about people. You clearly dislike people and judge them and that vibe comes off and makes people distrust you and dislike you, and you will never get far in any leadership position as long as that is the case. You can't be a leader if people don't want to follow you.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:21 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,282,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
She could be any age really. Older workers can be immature if they never learned how to be mature.
Yes, but also asking whether or not to confront the employees can be an indicator of someone who lacks work experience, IMO.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:41 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,251,133 times
just do something that irritates her,,,,ignore her,,go on your iphone,,
or

order a plate/lunch with mashed potatoes,,and start eating with your hands.... eat everything with your hands...

eat some prunes for breakfast....start ripping at the table

she wont join you again

Old 09-22-2013, 02:06 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,248,887 times
Quote:

Some one here jinxed me when they said I should worry about keeping my job not lunch.

On Friday, I was called in by the boss. She went on her normal sheninigans about how so many people she interviewed & I made the cut.

Then suddenly she said she is having doubts about my experience because the employees who work under me are complaining about my lack of experience & how I dont give instructions ""thoroughly""

Now I'm a bit mad in that am I underqualified hell yeah, but none of these heffas approached me about me lacking in experience so I'm pissed at them going to the boss behing my back.

Boss asked me to iron problems out with them by Thursday & designate them to their duties.

Meanwhile, should I reprimand them for going behind my back? If so how do I do this diplomatically without risking fact that they'll go & talk about our latest convo?

Before people here start calling me names all I ask out of these heiffers is that if they have a prob with me as their manager they come to me instead of going to the big big boss!
Dude, you jinxed yourself.

You lied to get a job you weren't qualified for, now it's showing. How is that OUR fault?

You need to lift your attitude, seriously.

By calling your colleagues "heffas" "heiffers" (the word you're grasping for is "heifers") I am assuming they are all female, of varying BMI's.

Not only is your language sexist, derogatory and disrespectful in the extreme, your immature reaction "they're going behind my back" is exactly what has led you into this mess in the first place.

Why not take some accountability for your behaviour?

It's your fault, all of it...and those HEFFAs will have your job, nothing surer. You don't want to **** off a bunch of HEFFAS as every good boss knows, they're the ones who do all the work...The ones who bring the cake are the ones who really run the office.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:49 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,471,338 times
I had a feeling something was up regarding lunch with your boss. Most employers don't behave that way unless there's an issue.

Apparently you have a few problems and she has been trying to see what they are, without having to rely on reports from your co-workers.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:58 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,429,619 times
Quote:
Some one here jinxed me when they said I should worry about keeping my job not lunch.

On Friday, I was called in by the boss. She went on her normal sheninigans about how so many people she interviewed & I made the cut.

Then suddenly she said she is having doubts about my experience because the employees who work under me are complaining about my lack of experience & how I dont give instructions ""thoroughly""

Now I'm a bit mad in that am I underqualified hell yeah, but none of these heffas approached me about me lacking in experience so I'm pissed at them going to the boss behing my back.

Boss asked me to iron problems out with them by Thursday & designate them to their duties.

Meanwhile, should I reprimand them for going behind my back? If so how do I do this diplomatically without risking fact that they'll go & talk about our latest convo?

Before people here start calling me names all I ask out of these heiffers is that if they have a prob with me as their manager they come to me instead of going to the big big boss!
Nobody jinxed you. You put the bad mojo on yourself by lying on your resume and application to get this job.

They went above your head because they see that you are not qualified to do the job. What do you expect them to say to you? "Hey, boss, you suck"?

The fact that you are calling your coworkers, the people who work under you, "heffers" tells me you certainly don't need to be in management.

And your company can get sued if you try to reprimand them for going over your head. That you even thought of that is immature at best.

You're the one who needs an attitude adjustment, not them. Sometimes you are totally off the chain with your posts here, and at other times you are completely lucid and quite nice. I think you need anger management classes, or at the very least some kind of therapy.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships