Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 PM

550 posts, read 985,183 times

Advertisements

If you are single and have no kids or even if you do have kids? I was on the bus and the kids on the bus were all screaming and yelling. Their parents just kept screaming back at them to shut up! Then we get off the bus, they take forever to get off. Then I was at the mall and some kids ran into me and just don't watch where they are going. When I went to the bathroom, the kid kept running around and climbing under stalls and the mom didn't even say anything while she fixed her makeup. Then at the gym pool, the kids just splash and splash and get into the lap lanes and the parents don't say anything. The lifeguard can only say so much, but the parents don't do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,915,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
If you are single and have no kids or even if you do have kids? I was on the bus and the kids on the bus were all screaming and yelling. Their parents just kept screaming back at them to shut up! Then we get off the bus, they take forever to get off. Then I was at the mall and some kids ran into me and just don't watch where they are going. When I went to the bathroom, the kid kept running around and climbing under stalls and the mom didn't even say anything while she fixed her makeup. Then at the gym pool, the kids just splash and splash and get into the lap lanes and the parents don't say anything. The lifeguard can only say so much, but the parents don't do anything about it.
Being a cashier at a big box store I see this all the time and it drives me crazy. Parents don't remove their kids from the problem but just talk, talk, yell and yell at them. I watch kids play with the items by the registers, putting things in their mouths, dropping them on the floor, etc. etc.. Parents don't even notice! Even when they are seated in the shopping cart they'll grab my bag carousel and turn it and turn it so I have a problem bagging things. Parents would rather say "Stop! Don't do that!" over and over and over rather than just MOVE the shopping cart three or four inches away. Once, when I was waitressing I was bowled over by a kid running through the restaurant and went flying landing on my hands and knees. The parents made him apologize but I couldn't help but think the parents should've been the ones apologizing since they were the ones letting him do that.

I honestly don't understand parents anymore. If I had acted like that as a kid...well, I don't even want to think what would have happened to me. And my own kids weren't allowed to do stuff like that either.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,894,895 times
I see kids running wild almost everwhere I go. My kids don't act like that and never considered acting like that once they were over the age of 3.

I don't get irritated with the other kids though...it's the parents' fault. The children could learn to behave better if they had a decent example.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
I always make it a point to Thank Parents and Grandparents who have children with them who are well behaved, polite and not running amok everywhere. I thank them for "Parenting/Grandparenting" and teaching their children what is right and wrong and I tell them it has made our time out in public more pleasant because of they are teaching their children.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Do other kids and their parents drive you crazy?

Ever been to Walmart?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,180,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I always make it a point to Thank Parents and Grandparents who have children with them who are well behaved, polite and not running amok everywhere. I thank them for "Parenting/Grandparenting" and teaching their children what is right and wrong and I tell them it has made our time out in public more pleasant because of they are teaching their children.
I do this as well. I think that the adults are always happy to hear that someone has noticed that their children are polite and well mannered.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,804,975 times
2 words==Lazy Parenting

Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I see kids running wild almost everwhere I go. My kids don't act like that and never considered acting like that once they were over the age of 3.

I don't get irritated with the other kids though...it's the parents' fault. The children could learn to behave better if they had a decent example.
You're exactly right Hedgehog_Mom...though sadly most of these "parent" never had an example either...vicious circle if you know what I mean.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,605,804 times
Misbehaving kids and lazy parents, yes. But many parents think their kids are angels and everyone else's kids are the monsters. I hear this a lot a family gatherings. Since I don't have kids, those that do like to share with me their opinions of other relatives misbehaving kids. Then the next parent (of different kids) makes the same comment and so on, and so on. I kind of laugh to myself about how they each think they're the better parent and their kids are better behaved than the others.

I hate how a family with their WHOLE gaggle of kids has to go shopping together...and they walk down the aisle abreast, blocking the path for anyone else.

Your post reminded me of the following bit from Jeff Foxworthy--specifically the last 8 seconds.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,699,647 times
Kids and parents in general drive me up a wall. There are no more than a handful of kids I can even be around at for an extended period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships