Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,642,248 times

Advertisements

I have to admit I really like girls who talk a lot, I think it's cute. Especially if it's kind of nervous talking about random things. I don't like doing all of the talking, carrying the conversation, it's much more interesting to listen to her talk and see what she has to say. There is a limit, I mean my sister drives me crazy sometimes. She just talks way too much. She will say something and then restate it 6 times, no joke. "I just think nudity in movies is stupid. I mean what I think is there should be no nudity in movies. If I made movies, I wouldn't put nudity in them. There is no reason for there to be nudity because it's stupid. I just think nudity is classless." Finally you have to be like, "YES! I GET IT!!! I GOT IT ALREADY!!!" Because she thinks somehow restating the same thing over and over again, and again, and again, will make it more powerful. She will not let you talk at all, if you want to put in your opinion, you'll get interrupted until you act rude about it and just interrupt her and tell her to shutup basically. That's exactly what her boyfriend (my friend first) does to her. "Shut up now I'm talking." haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 10:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
talking until blue in the face really isn't a good quality in a person that is obvious ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I have to admit I really like girls who talk a lot, I think it's cute. Especially if it's kind of nervous talking about random things. I don't like doing all of the talking, carrying the conversation, it's much more interesting to listen to her talk and see what she has to say. There is a limit, I mean my sister drives me crazy sometimes. She just talks way too much. She will say something and then restate it 6 times, no joke. "I just think nudity in movies is stupid. I mean what I think is there should be no nudity in movies. If I made movies, I wouldn't put nudity in them. There is no reason for there to be nudity because it's stupid. I just think nudity is classless." Finally you have to be like, "YES! I GET IT!!! I GOT IT ALREADY!!!" Because she thinks somehow restating the same thing over and over again, and again, and again, will make it more powerful. She will not let you talk at all, if you want to put in your opinion, you'll get interrupted until you act rude about it and just interrupt her and tell her to shutup basically. That's exactly what her boyfriend (my friend first) does to her. "Shut up now I'm talking." haha

Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 AM

3 posts, read 15,865 times
you, my dear, are a very intellegent person and a good listener as well. I noticed that you were one of the few people who actually had advice and tips for dealing with people who talk too much. You gave me good reminders on how to deal with them and you have great insight into the human mind.
A woman after my own heart!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,649,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I have to admit I really like girls who talk a lot, I think it's cute. Especially if it's kind of nervous talking about random things. I don't like doing all of the talking, carrying the conversation, it's much more interesting to listen to her talk and see what she has to say. There is a limit
I'm the same way. Being an introvert, I would have a hard time with another introvert. And I'd much rather listen to someone else than do all the talking myself. But like you said, there is a limit. Some girls go on and on about the dumbest things. Other girls can't stay on topic long enough. And still others never let you get in a word. But by far, the worst is when all they do is complain. I dated one girl who did nothing but whine. Her job, her family, her friends, her neighbors, and a thousand other things. It's great to listen to someone talk, but it has to be something worth listening to and something the other person shows genuine excitement about.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,013,833 times
LOL I had to laugh at your long post on this topic I get a little vexed by long windedness, yes. Sometimes I just want to ask people to stop talking for a while but I don't. I just pull my head out in my mind.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:48 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,434,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
They would have to talk about every little minor detail leading up to and during the installation of those cabinets, and will go off on a tangent about a dozen other topics that never make any sense. By the time you've spent one hour on the phone, you've touched on about 1 zillion topics
That sounds like a phone conversation with me. I talk way too much.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
When dealing with peeps who talk too much you gotta bust this out on 'em!

Crank up your volume - you're in for a treat!

YouTube - run dmc - you talk too much

Old 12-20-2008, 01:53 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
It's really not that they talk to much. It's what they talk about.

For example, do you know what the definition of a bore is? Somebody who talks about herself rather than talking about you.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:02 PM

982 posts, read 3,488,338 times
HAHAHA! Hilarious! I don't really have any suggestions...unless you want to know what doesn't work. I have a really hard time listening for more than a few minutes without a break and it leads people to think I'm rude or aloof. When someone goes on and on with a conversation that really doesn't require participation from anyone else, I almost feel like I go into "fight or flight" mode.

If the chatter goes too far beyond my "listening threshold"...I tune the person out and don't even realize he or she is still present. I have been known to blurt out things I think I'm saying in my head...like "do you think you'll finish this story by the end of the week?"..."can you give me the cliff's notes version?"

Old 12-21-2008, 05:35 AM

167 posts, read 453,590 times
I have a dear friend who yaks too much and only about herself and she is opionated and has to be right.
1. Caller I.D, if I do not want to talk to her I won't answer the phone
2. Tell my husband if so and so calls, I am not here

I have to protect myself against those who talk too much. Ring the door bell and tell yaker that someone is at your door. Press #pound on phone, sounds like battery on phone is weak..good time to get off phone to recharge batteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships