Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 11,695 times

Advertisements

There is a house i'm interested in on the 900 block of Broad St in the village of endicott. Is this a safe area? Thanks for any answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 AM

962 posts, read 2,521,970 times
..Not to be nosey..but to gain some insight to help you.....what is the driving force or reason you're looking at a house in Endicott? I grew up outside of Endicott...but know the area very well. By the way..a warning. There are those who will post/reply here that absolutely hate the southern tier(of which Endicott is a small part of). I've grown tired of trying to answer to these "opinions". I spent much of my life(off and on) in various other parts of the country.....work school, military. I can find fault w/any of those places I've been. If the replies don't get you the answers you need..at some point you can private message me (I'm not on the pc every day) to get you some positive/objective input.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 AM

94,570 posts, read 125,671,130 times
I would find it hard to believe that there is an honestly "bad" area of Endicott. The Binghamton area is one of the safest in the country.While it's not perfect in that regard, it is a very safe area in general.

I think the only concern with Endicott is that there is an area called the Plume that has be subject to toxic issues. So, ask about that and how it has or is being dealt with.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,246 times
Avoid Endicott. No exceptions.

Thanks to the previously mentioned "plume", property values have been decimated and the area is now severely impoverished and crime-ridden. Broad St is more or less the epicenter of this. It's really unfortunate, but it's probably a contributor to the bettering of Binghamton proper as of late.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlorcity View Post

Thanks to the previously mentioned "plume", property values have been decimated and the area is now severely impoverished and crime-ridden. Broad St is more or less the epicenter of this. It's really unfortunate, but it's probably a contributor to the bettering of Binghamton proper as of late.
Endicott is now "crime ridden"? Really?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 AM

71 posts, read 212,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlorcity View Post

Crime ridden? Are you joking. I also didn't appreciate your negative and unhelpful reply you have to my post. My hometown, I will personally tell you now, has slightly less property crime than Endicott, and 20% more violent crime, and my hometown is very safe, it just depends on WHAT AREA. I also know of a town near me that has more crime than Endicott in ALL areas, but I like it, and it has good areas. Each place has both bad and good areas, it's your job to find them, and stay away from posts like this with your attitude please. Please do expect a response on my post with that "impoverished and crime-ridden" attitude of yours.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 AM

41 posts, read 240,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoffee View Post
Crime ridden? Are you joking. I also didn't appreciate your negative and unhelpful reply you have to my post. My hometown, I will personally tell you now, has slightly less property crime than Endicott, and 20% more violent crime, and my hometown is very safe, it just depends on WHAT AREA. I also know of a town near me that has more crime than Endicott in ALL areas, but I like it, and it has good areas. Each place has both bad and good areas, it's your job to find them, and stay away from posts like this with your attitude please. Please do expect a response on my post with that "impoverished and crime-ridden" attitude of yours.
Wheres your hometown?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:16 PM

You can find crime information here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Endicott-New-York.html

As one can see, the crime rate there is roughly at the national average, give or take.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:26 PM

41 posts, read 240,219 times
Index Crimes Reported: 2005 - 2009 - NY DCJS (http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/crimnet/ojsa/indexcrimes/broome.htm - broken link)

And Here for 2009 numbers

Old 06-19-2010, 04:43 PM

4 posts, read 11,695 times
I actually rented a month lease for an apartment in the area to see what it was like. It's actually a pretty rotten area, last night I woke up to gun shots(a guy was shot twice) there quite a bit of crime in the neighborhood. The rest of the village is nice but im gonna stay away from that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York